Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mp-40

Article about: looks good Joe. better than the last pictures I had seen. John by GIZMO8Z Everything has arrived! Both mags are up and running (with display dummy ammo) Attachment 466291

Default Re: Mp-40

looks good Joe.
    better than the last pictures I had seen.

John

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Everything has arrived! Both mags are up and running (with display dummy ammo)

Attachment 466291
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Thanks, John!

I've come to learn that these things are a bear to load by hand. Each mag only has 3 dummy rnds currently in them... I can't imagine loading all 32 by hand!!

Nice Mags Joe well done mate.....Jake.

that is why they made loaders for them. When I shot one of these I could only get about 25 rds in the magazine without a loader. Fun to shoot, but a bear to load.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    that is why they made loaders for them. When I shot one of these I could only get about 25 rds in the magazine without a loader. Fun to shoot, but a bear to load.

John
    Yep! I had read that, but actually trying load them myself made me a believer!

Both mags are up and running. Loaded with dummy ammo only for display purposes.

Mp-40

Doesn't look like a bad case of rust, so CLP and a soft cloth should clean them right up. Nice purchase!

?

great job Joe

Those are great finds, but you would do good to look into the new "SAFE" laws that are being enacted in NY with regards to firearms AND mags. I know there are new restrictions on magazine ownership, much more strict than the previous and not sure if there is a grandfather clause as there was previously. Under previous regulations your mags are legal as they were manufactured before 1994, from what I understand under new regs, that won't matter if they are over 7 rounds. I don't follow NY law with such a fine toothed comb since leaving a couple years ago so may be wrong, but these are my understandings from what I have seen and heard.

Thanks for your concern, FALGuy.

If/ when the time comes, I'll take the steps to make the mags legal. They're just for display after all. They are currently only loaded with 3 dummy rnds each to give off the appearance that they are fully loaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2