Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mp40

Article about: Hi guys, just wanted your thoughts on this MP40, marked BNZ 42, do you think the finish is original? Thanks

Default Mp40

Hi guys, just wanted your thoughts on this MP40, marked BNZ 42, do you think the finish is original?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mp40   Mp40  

Mp40   Mp40  

Mp40  
    Ben

Default Re: Mp40

Noch einmal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mp40   Mp40  

Mp40   Mp40  

Mp40  
    Ben

Anyone any thoughts on this MP?
    Ben

kompanie
    ?

Ben i cant really tell from these pics,are the waffenamt marks and manufacture codes very sharpe looking of have a sort of soft filled in look about them this is a good indication if its been re-blued,Is it all matching no.s as some parts look very black and shiny and some look worn maybe a parts gun.The mp looks ok though.imo the sling doesnt look right it looks like a sling for a mp34.

The numbers are not matching, is it worth waiting for a matching numbered piece, are they hard to come by?
    Ben

kompanie
    ?

I was asking if it was matching no.s because if not that could explaine why some parts look more worn than others,maching no's examples are out there Deactivated guns | world war 2 guns gets some every now and then.I personally dont mind mis matched examples because they have usually been there look and for me its all about the history.The Mp40 was used by many forces after ww2 it was even used by the israeli paratroopers hence sometimes re-blueing.Is the one your showing old spec and if you dont mind what is the seller asking,(there was one on milweb for a good price rthe other day).

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, it is old spec, it is £1995 on Arundels!
    Ben

kompanie
    ?

I should have guessed it was Arundels from the white background.The price is about right the one i was on about on mileb seems to be gone,it was low though about £1650.Ive seen your post on "the other forum" and i agree with the comment made about poss being messed with but it's such a fantastic/historical firearm that i think its a tribute to it's design/versatility that it was so widely used after the war.so messed with post 45 just adds to its history of one of the worlds iconic mp's.

kompanie
    ?

Ps you picked a good time to get in deacts with this crazy country and its latest stance on deacts

As soon as I have sold enough buckles I will be buying one, along with a MP44, MG34 & 42. I can then start saving for pistols ie, Lugers P38,s, thats the long term plan
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast