Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Mp40??

Article about: I have enquired about this MP40 for sale. The pics are tiny and not detailed enough for me to make sense of them. It looks to be a deactivated one, but was it ever a real one to start with?

?

Default Mp40??

I have enquired about this MP40 for sale. The pics are tiny and not detailed enough for me to make sense of them. It looks to be a deactivated one, but was it ever a real one to start with? The lettering on the back piece doesn't conform to any examples I have been able to dig up. I know that the receiver is the all important piece legally, and would not buy it with the receiver, even in its deactivated state - no jail time wanted here!! It is rough!

Mp40??Mp40??

Had my hands on a genuine one about 20 years back. This one was stamped cyq which was the code for Erma-werke. Magazine was stamped MP38/40 at top. I believe the MP-40 had some changes done to facilitate production. Check for other markings and us know. Have a book with an article on this weapon. Will review it and see if I can provide more info.

It's a pot-metal Japanese model gun........not really worth anything in that kind of condition

eta: "CYQ" is the mfg. code for Spreewerke....... Erma would be either "27" or "AYF"

Yes - looks like a 'Replica Models' piece. These have
    been on the market since the late 70's.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Arrow

Yes, that's an MGC replica. These caused a sensation when they were released back in the early, pre-deact 1970s. They were pretty good ( although, at the time, expensive ). They looked accurate and had the right weight, etc. What the Japanese couldn't quite 'nail' was that subtle look of gunmetal - always a giveaway when you come across one.

It's difficult to convey in a photo, but I've tried to replicate ( sorry ! ) the above picture with my own deact.....

Mp40??

?

Thanks guys, I wasn't too happy with the color or markings - it almost looked like zinc.

a bad one.

Quote by Villafuego View Post
    It's a pot-metal Japanese model gun........not really worth anything in that kind of condition

eta: "CYQ" is the mfg. code for Spreewerke....... Erma would be either "27" or "AYF"
    Sorry for my error. I should have checked. thanks for correction. Next time I will check.