Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP40, need opinions

Article about: Hola, offer him about 400-500 euros. But from Latvia, i believe you have customs. Make sure you can have these in Spain, because over here, laws are fuzzy and only certain people can have th

Default MP40, need opinions

Hi all! a couple days ago i post here a tellermine 42 that a latvian digger have offered to me (i bought it).
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...d-deal-302458/

And now, the same seller offered me this MP40, looks great! (unless the butt) and he tell me to give him a price.

What should i offer him in order to not offend him, but to have a really good deal? (wouldn't spend too much) It's any chance to change the butt for a complete one? would be any problem for send it to Spain from Latvia?

Maybe there are a lot of questions, but really have no idea of the price of something like that and if it could ocasionate some problems in the toll...
    Thank you so much!!

MP40, need opinions
    MP40, need opinions
    MP40, need opinions
    MP40, need opinions
    MP40, need opinions
    MP40, need opinions

?

Default Re: MP40, need opinions

I'd give my left thumb to have this. I'm not sure on the shipping though. It may have to be shipped in separate pieces. You can find a butt stock periodically .also it's missing the bolt.

?

It looks like a decent relic mp40 its missing a few bits. If its the right price I would go for it.

Quote by Dean View Post
    I'd give my left thumb to have this. I'm not sure on the shipping though. It may have to be shipped in separate pieces. You can find a butt stock periodically .also it's missing the bolt.
    I'd give my right arm! Lovely "one looker" would love to add it to my collection of dug up weapons

it seems the bolt is there, but the bolt handle is not . The bolt handle and folding stock can be replaced. I know their is a lot of rust, but can you tell what Manufacture it is? It would be on the back of the reciever on the top. it appears complete except what I mentioned. No Magazine I asume? Not worth a lot in this condition. Very pitted and lots of rust. One thing you have to look at is the Laws in your country as far as owning it. it would be great for a wall hanger.
    Just my opinion.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I think you should speak with your local authorities, before purchasing something like this.
    ...some countries have strict rules, something that's legal in Latvia is not necessarily legal to own in Spain.

A guy in Denmark could come in serious problems with items like this.
    ...we have very strict rules about deactivated weapons.

The bolt is not missing in this MP40 - only the cocking handle.

Very nice piece!

Regards
    Replace

I know in the UK you can argue "de-activated by other means" but laws in Europe are much stricter I wouldn't like to get caught with that in France for instance

Jump in your car and drive to Latvia! Make a nice holiday and avoid the customs people (hopefully at the same time)?

Thanks for your opinions guys!! i'm going to speak with the local authorities about send this item to Spain, and try to make a good deal. i have bad experience with guns dug up and quick payments...

About jump in my car and drive to Latvia, I thought about it Glenn66 but the fuel was like 500/700€ so i'll wait for the fuel price go very very low hehehe

PS: A good price for this Mp40? (I don't like to ask the "how does it worth" question, but the seller told me to give him a price...)

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I know in the UK you can argue "de-activated by other means" but laws in Europe are much stricter I wouldn't like to get caught with that in France for instance
    Hi John, sorry to butt in, can you explain why you mean by "deactivated by other means", thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast