Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MP40, need opinions

Article about: Hola, offer him about 400-500 euros. But from Latvia, i believe you have customs. Make sure you can have these in Spain, because over here, laws are fuzzy and only certain people can have th

Default Re: MP40, need opinions

Hola, offer him about 400-500 euros.
    But from Latvia, i believe you have customs.
    Make sure you can have these in Spain, because over here, laws are fuzzy and only certain people can have them.....
    Cheers
    Nuno

It used to be OK in the UK that weapons could be classed as deactivated by other means, ie if they are a rusty relic with no hope of it ever firing you did not need a certificate, though in more recent years this is now a grey area and if they for instance have a barrel you might have a problem, or so I was advised in regards to my relic P.08. My Luger is a rusty lump with no hope of ever being made fire worthy again and it has a big gash in the barrel, but even so I was advised to get it certified, however a friend dropped it and the barrel has now snapped off, so I never bothered as it is now probably OK, or so I assume. I asked my neighbour the General and he said it was not a problem and he used to be master of the Royal Amouries, so he should know what he is talking about.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great looking mp40 relic! But, like others have noted, you should make sure that you're allowed to posess such a thing in your country before you close the deal--- I've noticed that some countries are incredibly strict in such matters these days, even with non-functional rusted out relics. Also, the price quoted earlier sounds reasonable for both parties, depending on how you look at it and how badly you want it, of course

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It used to be OK in the UK that weapons could be classed as deactivated by other means, ie if they are a rusty relic with no hope of it ever firing you did not need a certificate, though in more recent years this is now a grey area and if they for instance have a barrel you might have a problem, or so I was advised in regards to my relic P.08. My Luger is a rusty lump with no hope of ever being made fire worthy again and it has a big gash in the barrel, but even so I was advised to get it certified, however a friend dropped it and the barrel has now snapped off, so I never bothered as it is now probably OK, or so I assume. I asked my neighbour the General and he said it was not a problem and he used to be master of the Royal Amouries, so he should know what he is talking about.
    Cheers Jerry. I was just wondering as James has a Luger which is a semi relic and uploaded it on here and everyone said it was illegal to own without a certificate of deactivation.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Cheers Jerry. I was just wondering as James has a Luger which is a semi relic and uploaded it on here and everyone said it was illegal to own without a certificate of deactivation.
    Hi Vicky, as I posted, it is somewhat of a grey area and it depends on how knackered it is, though it seems the barrel is the critical part, but this is only my opinion and it might be incorrect. I bought mine years ago and no paper was needed then and it came from a registered seller of de-ac weapons, so certainly then it did not need paperwork and with a snapped off barrel IMO it does not need paperwork now, though that is IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2