Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

mp40 silencer????????

Article about: just digging through my pictures and came across this i have put it onto my computer and have uploaded it could anyoneshare any info on it thanks tom

Default Re: mp40 silencer????????

brilliant information adrian so it seems they were produced but not distributed much
    tom

The MP40 with schalldampfer is quite interesting and so is the fact the Russian
    soldier near it is wearing an MP38u.40 magazine pouch with an M39 German
    egg grenade hanging on it . . .

Ron B(USA)

The Mp-40's a prototype, The Stalin photo is very common. While studying comunist Russia at uni, we would come across many photos where people around Stalin were scribbled out, or deleted such as this. These men tended to be assasinated or against the "party" and all evidence that they had lived in this world would vanish (documents and such),

The T-34 seems like the tank was planing to run over the gun, but the AT guns barrel was elevated high enough for it to slide up the hull, lifting the gun which then got caught on the tanks barrel and buckled the turret. also if you look closely, the left track is loose at the back wheel, so this could just have been a set up on a damaged tank

?

I did not see the reason of use the silencers on the SMGs, due the voice is going from the bolt part
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

yes but the odd thing is that the m3 grease gun and sten gun were also silenced and were put to more use as a silenced weapon even though they have the same blowback principle
    tom

Hello-the T 34 shot is definitely a set up with battlefield debris-the troopies that went to that much trouble must have been bored out of their minds-as to the Mp 40 an even more over the top add on was the nightfighting infrared lamp and display unit-a bit much for a weapon with a range of 50 metres or so! The Stalin photo is an example of someone becoming what was described as a 'non person', erased from the record.

?

Neat photo of the suppessed MP40. Very interesting! Ive seen a Silenced Sten..kind a covert item. Makes me wonder how quiet they actually are with the open bolt concept...must work obviously.

Regards, Edwin

?

It was commen practice for T34 crews to ram anti-tank guns before they got a chance to reload, only in this case they both come off worse

Quote by talltom View Post
    yes but the odd thing is that the m3 grease gun and sten gun were also silenced and were put to more use as a silenced weapon even though they have the same blowback principle
    tom
    Yes. The Sten was widley used by the resistance and comandos. SMGs can be good silenced weapons. the sten could be fired single shot or full auto and the only noise you got was the small clicking noise from the bolt which was undetectable from 10 m. The Brits also had the Delisle Enfield. basicaly a shortened Lee-Enfield with a huge silencer on the end. very rare to find today.

?

The suppressed MP40 pic has been around to my knowledge for a spell. There should be four more pics of the tankers joking around their tank - the suppressed MP was one of the goup of pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast