Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

MP44 Sturmgewehr

Article about: by Carfin LEWYS Hi Adrian, Very nice MP 44 , congratulation. Some pics of my déact. MP 43, (8204g /44) , Fab: Haenel (fxo). Best regards. Carfin. Attachment 159564 Attachment 159566 Attachme

?

Default re: MP44 Sturmgewehr

Here it is !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr   MP44 Sturmgewehr  

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

One more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr  
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Hi Paul, looks sweet! Have you taken the plunge then?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade,

Just entering into full negotiations

1st July 1916

It is a very nice mp44 you got your hands in there!

nice dude very nice
    hopefully i own one later [on license ofcourse]

Very nice MP44 Ade. It looks like new, is all remaining parts matching in serial #'s ? Is that the original bluing? I have friend here at my gun range who owns one. It shoots great, and is fun to shoot, but ammo is expensive. He paid $23,000 US for it plus $200 to Uncle Sam for a Tax stamp. The condition is no where near yours, with a few mis matched parts. I paid for the tax stamp also for my M1A1 Thompson, and it is kind of funny, as it looks like a large postage stamp. The stamps have been exactly the same since 1934 when the machine gun tax took effect becuase of all the "gansters" etc. It was $200 back in 1934, and still is today. I think that is one the biggest bargains you can get here. If you think about it, $200 was a very large sum of money back then. It is really a shame what your country has done, no offensese at all, but they are not thinking straight when it comes to guns. How did they de-mil your gun? It really is a beautiful example, if up and running, over here, if trasferable and registered properly, and original condition, even if mis matched, it would bring an easy $30-40,0000 US probably more on a good day. If you like to see what machine guns are selling for over here, here is a good website, Tom Bowers' Politically Incorrect Machine Gun Pages I bought my M1A1 Tommy through a fellow on the site. I will post a pic of it. Cheers Ade, Steve

Hi Steve, yes, all parts are matching serial numbers.

The blueing may well have been redone by the East Germans. The bolt etc are blued whereas in the war these were left "in the white".

The demil / deactivation work entailed when this one was done (law has now changed and will not allow moving parts on guns deactivated after 1995):

Bolt face cut at angle and removal of firing pin

Removal of gas piston

Bolt carrier partially cut

Barrel has a slot milled into it and a steel rod welded in placed to block both the barrel and chamber.

The fire selector had previously been welded to the "E" position for semi auto onl
    y.

No offence Steve re our laws! A friend in the USA has just bought a live MP44. It is always interesting to see and hear about how different systems operate around the world.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Ade, thanks for the info on how they ruin a very historical weapon, the grand daddy of them all. Very nice for display and to fondle, and just to have one. How much does a gun like yours go for over there today? Steve

?

Beautiful STG , Adrian.

A great thread.

It was a sad day when they came for your guns in the UK. As mentioned above, a few ruin it for the many.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast