Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics

Article about: Yard sale? Add military to the ad. I think it will attract other too.Good luck. Wish you were in my neighborhood.

Default My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics

I just wanted to share some quick pictures of my 1918 dated Lee Enfield and it's corresponding markings before I put it up for sale (at our yard sale next weekend). I would have loved to take it out for a shoot, but I never have the time.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics   My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics  

My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics   My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics  

My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics  

Default Re: My 1918 dated Enfield- some pics

Nice rifle, Looks like it may have been to Australia, dont ask me why, just the impression I've got, maybe somthing in the photos.

Hello-Rifle is a London Small Arms Co. made No III*-no indication that it went to Australia-'England' marking on receiver indicates it was imported into US post WW2. Markings on buttstock usually show unit or territory service brands but can be hard to see on old wood.

It looks like it is stamped N32 (or perhams M, but I don't think so) on the stock. Grrrr I want to take it out to play!

I have an Arisaka I will post pictures of soon too.

Mike

Hi mike
    What a lovely old rifle you have there i bet that has seen some service, and it,s in quite good condition. i have a B.S.A, .303 1918,
    in perfect condition it was given to me through the family it was my grandads, But it is in store. i really like the enfield rifles i think there is something about them, i am trying to get some more for my collection, i have three at the moment.
    dave.

Yard sale????

Yep. Yard sale!
    I am cleaning out a bunch of stuff. I'm selling this rifle, a late war Type 99 Arisaka, a functional repro M1851 Colt Army, a functional repro kentucky percussion pistol, a large handful of German WWII militaria (highlight is an early model Army dagger with hanger and portapee) a bunch of ribbons, patches and full size medals. I suppose the list can go on.

Of course we have normal household stuff too, but for some reason I can't convince my wife if I put "antique military items" in the sale listing that it will draw a lot of people. She doesn't seem to understand how many closet collectors there are.

Of course I'm not giving my stuff away, I think a lot of it is reasonably priced and cheaper than dealers.

Mike

None of my business really, but I'm surprised you wouldn't sell
    or auction some of the medals and such here on the Forum.
    There are many who would at least like to have a look
    or even make offers.....

Are you simply selling off things you are no longer interested in,
    or are you getting out of it completely ?
    Regards,

Steve.

It's not a big deal asking. I bought up a major collection and am thinning things out.

Most of the medals are little things like boxed WWII victory's and stuff like that. I have a box full of WWII era US patches marked for $1 a piece and post war to modern for 50 cents. It's kind of one of those impulse boxes for people to just grab and buy. Nothing really special in there. I have another box of WWII victory and american campaign plastic coated ribbons for 50 cents a piece. There are probably 100 each of them there.

I plan on listing some things on here or Ebay soon, but I rather sell the more valuable stuff online. I don't like selling the little things too terribly much. It can be time consuming selling a $5-10 medal here and there.

I will probably be selling a few of my Polish medals shortly. I'm not sure who might be interested in modern made US medals but I have a TON of them to include cased Purple Hearts.

Mike

?

If you still have the Enfield I'm interested in buying it. What State are you in? I have an FFL C&R so it can be shipped via UPS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast