Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My all matching Type 99.

Article about: by Neil Hever Type 99 rifles are very interesting. Here is my early example with monopod. NH Nice one! Difficult to find with the monopod (or the dust cover). See it has a full Mum as well!

Default My all matching Type 99.

Anyone know what the black spots are on my bayonet?
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.
    My all matching Type 99.

?

That`s a nice looking rifle,is it a Nagoya? Show us the maker & series marks please.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

My all matching Type 99.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My all matching Type 99.  

Here is the full num

MAP
    ?

Is the Mum ground off? I don't see any traces of it at all but looking at it from a cell phone so can't be sure.

The only "black" spots I see on the bayo appears to be pitting. Unless I'm missing something...

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The mum has been ground off, its hard to see but there is a trace.The black spots are smooth, I don't think its pitting.

?

Hi,the rifle was made at the Kokura army arsenal,( mark on right of serial no.) The series mark on the left of the serial no. is too poorly stamped to be read,sorry....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you for the info

MAP
    ?

It still looks like minor pitting or very light aged rust but if not these or normal aging, I don't know what they are. the pattern does not indicate to be from finger prints either.

I would however wipe down and put a light coat of sewing machine oil on the blade. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

It's always interesting to see the different methods of grinding the Mums. Some just have a few scratches or "punch" marks while others are cleanly ground off.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Type 99 rifles are very interesting. Here is my early example with monopod. NH

My all matching Type 99.My all matching Type 99.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast