Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Bren Guns

Article about: A few photos of my Brens,These were collected for re-enacment purposes,All are legally deactivated and sadly the spare barrel is wood ! The spare bipod has a shroud that is unfamiliar to me.

?

Default My Bren Guns

A few photos of my Brens,These were collected for re-enacment purposes,All are legally deactivated and sadly the spare barrel is wood !
    The spare bipod has a shroud that is unfamiliar to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bren Guns   My Bren Guns  

My Bren Guns   My Bren Guns  

My Bren Guns  

Default Re: My Bren Guns

The spare bipod is from a British L4 LMG. Its simply a Mk1 Bipod with the the loop ground off and the gas shield silver soldered on. I have one somewhere which started life as BSA MK1 before conversion.

Have a look at your 1942 Lithgow gun and see if the lower slide has been force matched to the body by removing the old serial number and marking it with a new one. The lower slide is the very early type, they were fitted to the first 5000 or so INGLIS guns, 50,000 Enfield guns and probably only a dozen or so Lithgow guns in 1941. If its a Lithgow item its very rare.

?

Excellent weapons Mossie, keep them coming..giving me ideas about a Tri pod for my old BREN....As always some good photos..Cheers Terry.

?

Hi m3bobby,Thanks for info,Very helpful.
    The bipod is also a BSA Mk1 conversion then,Had a look and found the bsa mark on them.

Will check the bren when I get back home,Typically the Lithgow is the one that lives in the box and has been stored away,But I will dig it out and check.

Regards Gary

?

I never really understood this, how does one reenact with deact weapons? Blank firing replicas or the real deal with a BFA, I understand (as this is what we use, well, aside from the bolt actions ofcourse), but deacts?

Back on topic: Lovely collection you have there, love the AA mount.

Martin

?

Hi Martin

When I re-enacted battles I used my blank firing Thompson,But not re-enactment requires firing weapons,When we did a base camp for example,With public walking through,It was safer to have weapons that did not go bang.

Regards Gary

?

HI m3bobby

Sadly the lower does not match the receiver,It still has its original number which starts with an A.

Regards Gary

Quote by mossie View Post
    HI m3bobby

Sadly the lower does not match the receiver,It still has its original number which starts with an A.

Regards Gary
    Whats the whole number, or if you prefer not to pass that on, just the first few and then x the rest. It could be a Lithgow or Enfield lower if its prefixed with a A. If you would like to add your Bren serial numbers (Body and slide) to my Bren register then I can do that. I add all original serial numbers for record and in case some one has a matching part for another Bren. So far I have probably about 5000 serial numbers on record and succesfully reunited 4 guns with their original lower slide (One being my own D D Inglis gun which was quite a coincidence seeing as I bought the guns 2 years apart from diffrent dealers). I also have a register of Bren Tripods but this is quite small as most people have no interest in the maker details.

And if anyone has a Enfield No.2 revolver, I've been compiling serial numbers for those too recently.

Here you can see the modified Bipod fitted to the L4A2.

And Lithgow A128 fited with Lensatic sight.

?

Love the LMG as I know it...Haven't seen 1 of those since South Armagh 1989,..Cheers Terry.

?

Hi m3bobby

Just had a Another look I have two 1942 lithgows one starts with an A the other starts with an M,I will pm you.
    Regards Gary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast