Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

my brothers m44 mosin-nagant

Article about: this is my brothers mosin nagant all the numbers match and he got it for \\$125 at a show i was wonderind if the is any info on the stamps (there seems to be a lot in the wood) and any other i

Default my brothers m44 mosin-nagant

this is my brothers mosin nagant all the numbers match and he got it for $125 at a show i was wonderind if the is any info on the stamps (there seems to be a lot in the wood) and any other info you may be able to give
    Quote by Mopartim View Post

Reg
    ?

Default Re: my brothers m44 mosin-nagant

Hi Matt, other than made in Izhevesk (something like that) I cant figure the others, but try this site

7.62x54r.net

Best of luck
    Reg

Post WW2 I'd say by the 1947. There are many stampings and proof marks. Looking em up is half the fun. Nice Nagant!

Dimitri
    ?

Very nice indeed. All matching numbers and beautiful condition. As reg said it is Izhevesk and is a 1947 model. the stamps on the side are simply letters of the russian alphabet. For example Ж pronounced "zheh" in cyrillic (russian) and Г pronounced "geh". Ive done some research and it appears that these wood stamps are found on m38s as well.

thank you very much for the info dimitri, do you have any idea why they would stamp the leters on the wood like that and why so many.