Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My CMP M1 Rifle

Article about: @ Paul & Steve, very nice Garands guys... Regards, Thanos.

Default Re: My CMP M1 Rifle

@ Paul & Steve, very nice Garands guys...
    Regards, Thanos.

Thanks for the links JT Thanks Thanatos, I still haven't found any more info on that one aluminum garand block you have, I haven't found anything that even looks close. I wonder if it was only a Greek used piece?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Thanks for the links JT Thanks Thanatos, I still haven't found any more info on that one aluminum garand block you have, I haven't found anything that even looks close. I wonder if it was only a Greek used piece?
    Hi there Paul, my name is Thanos not the avatar name Thanatos (which by the way, it means Death in greek) used by another Forum member, if i recall right. Yes the aluminum Garand training tool is maybe a greek makeshift item, 'cause i haven't seen it anyplace else...
    You haven't reply yet on my asking if you used the M1911a1 pistol or the M9 Beretta, when you were serving...
    Take care, Thanos.

I'm sorry Thanos, just when I thought I was getting the hang of this. I didn't see your questiion earlier, I used the 1911A1 when I was in. I always liked that pistol, it fit my hand better than the Beretta. When we had to qualify, we had 1 day for practice before we shot for score. I thought I was going to do really good, I shot 20/20 on practice day, then got a different pistol on qualification day, when you shook it, it sounded like a bag full of metal, and I barely passed on the first try lol When I got to my unit, the pistols there wre in alot better shape, and alot more quiet hehe.

Hi there, Paul, thanks for the reply... Good to hear that you qualified in the M1911A1...We served in the same time-period, and i found the M1911A1 really hard-hitting and a pleasure to shoot. Of course we, in the Hellenic Army, didn't have to qualify, but it was always an experience to handle and shoot that old warhorse. I was issued a Colt (U.S. MAP i guess), in just about fair cond., it wasn't rattling and gave good results due to near-mint cond. barrel... Thanks again, best regards, Thanos.

I was Military Police, so they wanted to make sure we knew how to make noise with them lol They didn't give us any good ones in training, they were used too much by everyone. My first unit had really nice 1911s, and even M1D sniper rifles

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    I was Military Police, so they wanted to make sure we knew how to make noise with them lol They didn't give us any good ones in training, they were used too much by everyone. My first unit had really nice 1911s, and even M1D sniper rifles
    Wow, Paul...M1D sniper rifles!!! I was in Signal Corps and was issued the Colt for about 2 months...The standard rifle was (and still is) the G3A3 IN 7.62X51mm. The rest of the time i was carrying the G3A4 (telescopic buttstock).
    Take care, Thanos.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4