Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Deac weapons

Article about: Hi,The rear grip was an item made for the special operations executive,Regards Gary

?

Default Re: My Deac weapons

Hi,The rear grip was an item made for the special operations executive,Regards Gary

Do you have any material which shows that this grip was an SOE made item? I am not asking to be pedantic, I have a genuine interest in the SOE, MI9, etc and I have never seen a wooden pistol hand grip for a British MkII sten. I am aware of the metal skeleton version. The only sten I can find with a wooden pistol grip is a (wartime) copy made by a Danish company (Exhibition - Nationalmuseet )

Did the gun come with any history? (It's a very nice looking sten by the way)

This Sten came from Finland, so can't be connected with SOE (Please see the ball-ended cocking handle and the front sling swivel).

I knew I had seen that cocking handle before! (which is how came up with the link to the Danish site - I knew it was a Scandanvian country)

?

Hi,Sorry I have only the info I have been told by two gun dealers about the Sten,They both told me it was an soe item,I have not had the time to research it myself,
    I purchased the cocking handle seperatly as the sten did not have one when I purchased it,Any info that comes forward would be most helpful.

In fairness the sten is probably worthy of a thread of its own!!!! It is a very interesting piece. I look forward to seeing your other guns.

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    We live and learn !! I have heard of Slazenger before, but I must admit it never occured to me that it was a British company !!!! Great
    In this instance, Slazengers is a Aussie company, as is Lithgow, the manufacturer of this Bren.

The STEN looks like a Enfield gun (Serial number would help confirm it) but it has been in Finish service, The Brits never ground the welds down afterwards whereas the Fins smoothed them off when they refinished them.

Quote by mossie View Post
    I purchased the cocking handle seperatly as the sten did not have one when I purchased it,.......
    And the front sling swivel? Bot are well know Finnish modification and the Finnish marked with SA every gun.

I have only the info I have been told by two gun dealers about the Sten,They both told me it was an soe item

Buy the gun, not the tales.

I rather assumed that Mossie knew that the Lithgow NSW made Bren Gun example was Australian manufacture...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast