Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Enfield Collection

Article about: I have a couple of DP rifles, a Ross MkIII and an Eddystone P14-every part of them is stamped 'DP' even those that could have been recycled if needed. They were required to be deactivated to

Default re: My Enfield Collection

I have a couple of DP rifles, a Ross MkIII and an Eddystone P14-every part of them is stamped 'DP' even those that could have been recycled if needed. They were required to be deactivated to current WA standards even though they had already had the chambers drilled when reduced to DP.

I think Peter told me that the L59A1 came about so that cadet and TA units could use a Enfield rifle for drill practice with out the worry that the IRA or other criminal groups could steal and use a live rifle.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Nice rifles Gary. Do you ever take them to the range? I would think they are not all deac. Hope not. MG43, such a sweet MG. I was gunner on the MG62 and to this day have a sweet spot for these MG's. The 43 and 62 is almost identical, even the tri pod.
    Hi Datrus,
    With you there mate,the 62 with the fast bolt is something else.Ripppppppppp
    I'm very lucky to have fired one.(ADF Leopard AA turret gun)
    The best full battle calibre mg ever.(Mag 58 may go close though.)
    Nice collection of Lee Enfields.
    Ripppppppp Rippppppp Ripppppppppppppppppppppp Excuse me i'm going to the mens room LOL.
    Cheers
    Dave

Hi Gary,

Nice Enfields! i own a couple of active ones myself and enjoy using them at the range every now and then. Good and accurate shooters.

But i must say that i want the RANGERS to win it and i hate the AL !!!!!! Ole Tony L. needs to stop the facial surgery, but he is a great coach.

?

Can any of you Gents offer an opinion on what the L59A1 DP rifle may be worth? Several comments on the Milsurp web site regarding my DP have me wondering if this may be a sought after piece.

It all depends on where you are I suppose. In the UK it would still need to be deactivated at the moment (This may change as Peter Laidler is willing to challenge this as he drew up the spec) and there isn't that many so could be worth similar or slightly more than a normal deac No.4

In the US, they could be worth a little more as I know theres a big following of the Lee Enfield and there arn't enough L59s to go around. Be sure though, you got a good deal.

?

Thought you all might like to see my newest Enfield, even though it is not a No. 4. Say hello to my little friend; my 1944 dated Australian made, Lithgow No.1, MK III:

My Enfield CollectionMy Enfield CollectionMy Enfield CollectionMy Enfield CollectionMy Enfield CollectionMy Enfield CollectionMy Enfield Collection

Excellent late made example, probably from the War Stocks sold off in the 1980s by the Aust govt-most went overseas to the US-yours is a MkIII* with the various production simplifications that were introduced during the 1st World War (no magazine cut off, no windage adjustment on the rear sights, no long range volley sights, no piling swivel etc).

Hi Gary, Really nice collection of enfields i love them i have five in my collection but all deac over here, thanks for showing them. and gbalke, very nice Lithgow Mk111, it looks like it,s never been used, i would love thet one here.
    dave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast