Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My first mauser K98k!!!!

Article about: Just bought this today for 200\\$ its made in 1940 also, under the 7.62 mark there is a number:243 and under the rear sight it says S/42G, and next to the mod 98 area theres a ss mark, dont kn

Default Re: My first mauser K98k!!!!

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Plus, is it me, or does it seem like this one has been sporterized , as they put it, The stock does not look original, the barrel seems longer, and different.

Still a very nice rifle though.

Brian
    The previous owner took the orginal stock off and put a hunting stock on it, thats all I know at the moment

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Here ya go Ade, I tried my best for this one. the second s hasn't been stamped all the way also
    Thanks for the pic George. I cannot explain them, but it has nothing to do with the SS contract rifles. These are marked with runes or deathsheads.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the pic George. I cannot explain them, but it has nothing to do with the SS contract rifles. These are marked with runes or deathsheads.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade

was there not some SS marks with the standard SS letters.

Like in these pics, i borrowed these from the site, i hope you dont mind Adrian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first mauser K98k!!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images My first mauser K98k!!!!  My first mauser K98k!!!! 

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    The previous owner took the orginal stock off and put a hunting stock on it, thats all I know at the moment
    I agree, everything else looks normal. I'm glad ade cleared up the 243 thing, I'm a worrier when it comes to high power rifles and correct ammo. Hell I'm a worrier with low power firearms and correct ammo. I'm probably overstating here but 98 mausers are such good rifles that they lend themselves to customizing. The action is basically bulletproof.
    mike

?

It looks to still have the military contour barrel.

You may be able to find a military stock set and restore it to a military stock, if you want too.

When I was a teenager in the 80's I had a similar 98k without the original stock. I found a complete military stockset at a gun show for cheap. No matching numbers of course, but looked and worked great.

Quote by PMKS View Post
    It looks to still have the military contour barrel.

You may be able to find a military stock set and restore it to a military stock, if you want too.

When I was a teenager in the 80's I had a similar 98k without the original stock. I found a complete military stockset at a gun show for cheap. No matching numbers of course, but looked and worked great.

When I get more cash(after spending 200+ tax) I'm thinking about buying a stock from one of the forum members and selling the stock it has on it now. George
    Last edited by theotherhomer; 03-27-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    was there not some SS marks with the standard SS letters.

Like in these pics, i borrowed these from the site, i hope you dont mind Adrian.
    No problem Brian. But we are comparing "apples to oranges" in this case.

Cheers, Ade.

Would you guys like to see the differences between a 98k bolt and a turk mauser bolt?,just wondering George

Nice rifle m8.

VAMPY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast