Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first Mosin Nagant

Article about: Heres some pictures of my first rifle, a 1938 dated Ishevsk Mosin Nagant, I've already shot about 60 rounds through it last week!

?

Default My first Mosin Nagant

Heres some pictures of my first rifle, a 1938 dated Ishevsk Mosin Nagant, I've already shot about 60 rounds through it last week!
    My first Mosin NagantMy first Mosin NagantMy first Mosin Nagant

Looks like a nice refurbed M91/30 made by the Izhevsk Arsenal! Can you post photos of the serial numbers on the bolt, magazine floor plate, and butt plate? Also, be sure to clean it after shooting that corrosive surplus ammo!!

?

Hello Mr. Joe, I don't have the rifle with me right now but I distinctly remember the stamped serial crossed out and a new one electro-penciled in-from the refurbishment, correct?. Although I do have the bolt with me, it's pitted in that area so the electro-penciled SN is more or less gone... I've been pretty cautious when it comes to that corrosive surplus ammo

?

Congrats Jon! The 7.62 round is a powerhouse, isn't it!? Real fun to shoot. Joes right tho, you'll find yourself doing a lot of cleaning maintenance! Very simple to strip down too...which is cool

Sounds like a typical post WWII arsenal refurbishment job to me. Glad you like the rifle... Be careful, they're addictive! I currently have 5 of them...

?

I want a Finnish m39, I hear they shoot nice too!

The 'King of the hill' (upper rifle in pic)-welcome to the very, very large MN club...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Mosin Nagant  

?

I want! I want! I would also like a finnish m28, an m38 carbine and maybe throw some dragoons in the cart too!