Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My First WWII CZ27!

Article about: Greetings everyone, I picked up this VERY nice WWII FNH coded CZ27 pistol today! It's my first one, and it's in excellent condition with all numbers matching. It came from the estate from a

RZM
    ?

Default My First WWII CZ27!

Greetings everyone,

I picked up this VERY nice WWII FNH coded CZ27 pistol today! It's my first one, and it's in excellent condition with all numbers matching. It came from the estate from a WWII Navy veteran. It's in amazing condition for being 70+ years old! The bore looks like it's never been fired. Can anyone help pinpoint the year of manufacture by the serial number? I have looked around, but can't find a chart. Anyway, I just thought I would share my find for the day! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First WWII CZ27!   My First WWII CZ27!  

My First WWII CZ27!   My First WWII CZ27!  

My First WWII CZ27!   My First WWII CZ27!  

My First WWII CZ27!  

Unfortunately, there are no serial number charts available, but yours is an "fnh" version produced under the occupation, and we know that the later pieces made had a phosphate finish while yours is still a blued one. The final serial number produced by the occupation was 473000 and that was in 1945, so a ballpark figure for your 334825 number would have to be in the 1943 time, I would think. A great little automatic-these always shoot like dreams. Got to love Czech quality-even under the Germans!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Up to 1938 - serial # 0- 15,000 These are preGerman occupation
    1939,40 & early 41 - serial # 15,001-20,500 Serial 20,500 is consider the start of all production
    going to the German military.
    1941 - 42,000 CZ27's produced
    1942 - 100,000 produced
    1943 - 200,000 produced
    1944 - 77,000 produced
    1945 - 23,000 produced This is up to the point when the allies liberated the factory.

So, late 43'. I see it's a dual tone, nice piece

Very Nice Firearm!

very nice CZ you have there.
    thanks for sharing it.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the comments and info guys! Any idea where I could find a decently priced original holster?