Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My FN Hi Power

Article about: Took delivery of this gorgeous Hi Power recently, ex Austrian Police issue, has two mags serial numbered to the gun (not the same as the FN serial number) LGK NO which is NiederOsterreich (N

Quote by Tango View Post
    So Lugerlout are you a member of some shooting club??. Because I would love to shoot again lol. & by the way this is an excellent pistol good job on getting it!! Cheers Terry.
    Hi Terry.......yes me and many others, if you want to join a club do a quick web search and you may find one in your area, I found this one first hit....is it near you ?

Lincolnshire Shooting Centre, incorporating Burgh Rifle and Pistol Club. Well stocked gun shop and bed and breakfast accommodation.

Phil

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Very nice piece, I had to hand in my Mk3 after Dunblane
    I did'nt get into shooting till well after the '97 pistol ban so have no experience of those more liberal days, a tragic event, innocents killed due to the actions of one disturbed individual who should have rung alarm bells with someone long before he committed that crime..........

The predictable reactions of ignorant politicians which penalised every law abiding sports shooter was perhaps easier to see coming...

I take it from Section 7/3 that you used the reasoning 'aesthetic quality or technical interest' and that you store it a designated place?

3) The authority of the Secretary of State or the Scottish Ministers (by virtue of provision made under section 63 of the Scotland Act 1998) is not required by virtue of subsection 1(aba) of section 5 of the 1968 Act for a person to have in his possession, or to purchase or acquire, or to sell or transfer, a firearm which:
    (a) is of particular rarity, aesthetic quality or technical interest; or
    (b) is of historical importance.
    if he is authorised by a firearm certificate to have the firearm in his possession subject to a condition requiring it to be kept and used only at a place designated for the purposes of this subsection by the Secretary of State or the Scottish Ministers (by virtue of provision made under section 63 of the Scotland Act 1998).

?

Nice GP.
    These are amongst my favourites.
    Dieudonne Saive was a great designer.

?

Thanks Phil you are a gent I will look at that now!! I do plenty of shooting in my job but none when I'm home so I wouldn't mind a bit more! Never can have enough shooting lol. Cheers Terry.

very nice Hi power you have there!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I take it from Section 7/3 that you used the reasoning 'aesthetic quality or technical interest' and that you store it a designated place?

3) The authority of the Secretary of State or the Scottish Ministers (by virtue of provision made under section 63 of the Scotland Act 1998) is not required by virtue of subsection 1(aba) of section 5 of the 1968 Act for a person to have in his possession, or to purchase or acquire, or to sell or transfer, a firearm which:
    (a) is of particular rarity, aesthetic quality or technical interest; or
    (b) is of historical importance.
    if he is authorised by a firearm certificate to have the firearm in his possession subject to a condition requiring it to be kept and used only at a place designated for the purposes of this subsection by the Secretary of State or the Scottish Ministers (by virtue of provision made under section 63 of the Scotland Act 1998).
    Broadly the passage you quote is considered grounds for a Chief Constable of your local Police force and the firearms licencing department to consider a grant of Section 7(3)......... but the process is a little more complex in that for example you must demonstrate that you are a 'genuine collector' and have the knowledge and experience to handle what would in all other circumstances be classed as Section 5 (prohibited weapons)...the exact definition of terms like 'genuine collector' and what constitutes an acceptable level of knowledge and experience can be, and is, interpreted differently by various Police forces, one force may accept your application to acquire a Hi Power for example and a neighbouring force may not allow it, it is up to the individual making the application to prove that they are a 'suitable person'.............the definitions of what type of firearm may or may not be aquired is quite clear in the relevant passages of the act as is the process of applying, as I have said it is all in the public domain..........the first step as always is to seek out your local club and take their advise.............it is worth the effort if you are genuinely interested and enthusiastic about getting involved in shooting sports.

You really do need to form some sort of military collectors body to lobby for a more consistent legal regime for the collecting of firearms in Britain as we have here in Australia (with a similar legal and parliamentary system as yours).

Quote by lithgow View Post
    You really do need to form some sort of military collectors body to lobby for a more consistent legal regime for the collecting of firearms in Britain as we have here in Australia (with a similar legal and parliamentary system as yours).
    Hi Lithgow.....we have one, the HBSA (Historical Breech loading Small Arms Association) they did lobby hard when the handgun ban was introduced here and it is due to their efforts, and others, that we at least get to preserve and keep some of our historical heritage arms...........it ain't perfect but we have to work with what we have, lots of individuals and organisations here do their best to keep what we can but its a constant battle.

And back to the original thread....I do have the privilege of owning this beauty and after a bit more research I have found and inspectors mark which belonged to a Monsieur Alexandre Lambert who was an inspector at FN between 1927 and 1953 so my Hi Power dates from that period, most likely early fifties, I hope to narrow that down further when I can decipher the actual date code which I think I've located (see pic).... Photos are of the ,as yet, unidentified date code just forward of the trigger and M. Lamberts inspection stamp on the slide which also appears on the frame, stripping the gun may provide further clues.......great fun this detective work....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My FN Hi Power  
    Attached Images Attached Images My FN Hi Power 

Beautiful Hi Power. And thanks for the info on legally being able to own it in the UK. Very enlightening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast