Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Kongsberg M1914

Article about: Could not help myself. I just had to make a little display of my M1914. The red paper is shooting instructions . Check the year of production

?

Default My Kongsberg M1914

Could not help myself. I just had to make a little display of my M1914.

The red paper is shooting instructions . Check the year of production
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Kongsberg M1914   My Kongsberg M1914  

My Kongsberg M1914   My Kongsberg M1914  

Default Re: My Kongsberg M1914

Norwegian Colt? Anyway nice one. The instructions are cool.

?

Yes it's a Norwegian Colt

Awesome piece !!! I saw though that the slide stop is not the extended one usually encountered on M1914 autos. As it also has a dimple on the opposite side (convex) could it be a replacement ? The slide stops on M1914s i think that they were numbered to the gun, having the last two-three digits of the gun's s/n.
    Thanks for the photos !!!

The grips also appear to be plastic (1911a1 style). Could be replacements ? If so a good pair of wooden grips dyed kind of black would appear original and stylish for this beauty.
    Cheers, Thanos.

?

Yes the slide stop is a replacement. The norwegian slidestops are slightly different than the us ones. The dimple you see on the oposite side is the weld for deactivation. The slidestop is welded to the fram to avoid disassembly.
    I'm going to change the slidestop as soon as i get my hands on one

I have got myself a pair of original grips. See picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Kongsberg M1914   My Kongsberg M1914  

So, i wish you luck with your task 'cause you have a gorgeous handgun there !!!
    Cheers, Thanos

?

Got myself a Kongsberg Colt last sunday at a fair.
    It's from 1923, all matching. I also got an instruction book but it's from 1956 (it was dirt cheap so i thought I might as well buy it). Everything is original, besides the mag which is a regular 1911 mag (correct me if im wrong)

Its one of the last to be made that year, s/n 4532

Absolutely gorgeous weapon . I'm not in any way an expert in Norwegian M1914s, but judging from examples i've seen, all M1914s must have the lanyard loop at the base of the magazine. You're very lucky Tobben !!!
    Regards, Thanos.

There must have been a large amount of the 1914s sold to trade recently, there is a guy in Germany who is selling about 8 of these and I know of one in the UK for sale also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast