Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M95 Steyr

Article about: There is no date on this one as it has been rebarreled.

?

Default My M95 Steyr

There is no date on this one as it has been rebarreled.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M95 Steyr   My M95 Steyr  

My M95 Steyr  
    Attached Images Attached Images My M95 Steyr 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Maxrobot
    ?

Default Re: My M95 Steyr

Beautiful! I love the Tiger striping on the stock!
    I have an M95 carbine and a long rifle. I had bit sold another carbine. All in 8x56R. I wish the ammo were plentiful and cheap but the the 225 rounds I have left I am saving to stay with the guns. The M-95s have a relatively slow lock time. That means that the firing pin is a little slower in striking the primer than on other designs.
    I have always wondered about the sturdiness of the action as I can find no third or auxilliary locking lug. The carbine is a handy weapon though but the sights are poor. I love the en-block clip. Like the U.S. M1 Garand, reloading is so much easier than using a 5-round stripper clip.
    Good luck with your carbine!

?

Thanks Max,post some pics of your rifles.Heres another pic of the new barrel marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M95 Steyr  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Maxrobot
    ?

my home computer is currently refusing to recognize my USB ports. I can't transfer any images from my camera to the computer but I hope to fix it soon.
    I made blanks for a Steyr out of old U.S. .30-40 Krag cases. They were boxer primed and easy to reload.

Johnnie
    ?

Nice one. Great stock! I have always like these but just never got around to getting one yet. Many of these served in the Second World War as well. Thanks for sharing!

Johnnie

Nice carbine. I have one also. Did you shoot it yet?? I bought a case of 8mm with the eagle,swastika, month and year on the head stamp. I'm sure it will last a long time! 10 rounds were enough. And I like a kick.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M95 Steyr  

Guys those rifles are great. I have seen one with the little German birds on it . Bill how about pictures and the story on the one you have please?

Quote by History View Post
    Guys those rifles are great. I have seen one with the little German birds on it . Bill how about pictures and the story on the one you have please?
    I have never seen one with WW2 German Waffenamt proofs on it.. There has been a lot on the market with fake Waffens on the wooden stock.. I'll post the one that was taken from a German Camp, but no waffens...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Here you go HISTORY...This M95 steyr Carbine was picked up at Dachau with several other weapons,, the Dachau script.. and some insigina... The Steyr rifle was updated some time in the late 30s.. It is duffle bag cut.. and came home with a US GI... Enjoy BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M95 Steyr   My M95 Steyr  

My M95 Steyr   My M95 Steyr  

My M95 Steyr  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Did ja shoot it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast