Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Mauser K98k and bayo

Article about: This is my K98- Russian capture but still well marked with German acceptance stamps etc not 'pinged'-I know many collectors dismiss the R/Cs but a weapon's history is never the less its hist

Default My Mauser K98k and bayo

This is my K98- Russian capture but still well marked with German acceptance stamps etc not 'pinged'-I know many collectors dismiss the R/Cs but a weapon's history is never the less its history-made for the German army, captured by the Soviets and reconditioned and stored awaiting WW3!

The rifle itself is a Mauser Oberndorf made in 1940-late war stamped barrel band replacement-the bayo is 1939 with early wood grips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Mauser K98k and bayo   My Mauser K98k and bayo  

My Mauser K98k and bayo  

Default Re: My Mauser K98k and bayo

Nice Russian Capture 98k... The are increasing in price....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Looks very nice,is the bayonet matched to the scabbard,what is the maker name and serial number?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

On close inspection the bayo is 1937 by Coppel s/n 111 d, the scabbard J Schul 1939 s/n 5295 b. WaA stamped 12425 if my eyes are correct!

nice .. wish i had one just like it

Very nice lithgow. I love the colour in the wood. Mine is a RC as well, and I agree, they have a history all of there own after serving through the war.

Nice Mauser I prefer the early guns like this one because I don't care for the cupped butt plates the later models were fitted with. The stocks always swell and they are never flush with the plate and for some reason that drives me nuts.

One of Barrys-it sang to me from the rack "take me home, you know you want to..."-bayo from Geoff S.

Haha, I heard the same thing when I bought mine for Barry's and bayo from Geoff. Do you have a sight hood and cleaning rod for it?

I too own a Russian Capture K98. Mine's a DOT 1944, with a neat HJ stamp on the side. (Hitler Youth perhaps?)

I also own a vet bringback J.P. Sauer 1942 K98. I love these rifles. Thanks for posting yours.