Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My MG34 and MG42

Article about: Pics seem to be up and running again. They are great MGs, Patrick.

?

Default Re: My MG34 and MG42

Are they both still live? Do you shoot them much if they are? Definitely two beautiful examples of my two favorite LMG's! I've shot MG34's & MG42's before but only with blanks back in the 70's & 80's when I used to re-enact.

Mike

Hi Mike, these two are UK deactivated, so aren't live. Thank you, and I like them both as well, I like the mg42 best! Patrick

?

Woooooooooow! They are on my list for someday...

Are they intact?

K.

Hi, they are both UK deactivated, so the bolt and barrel have been deactivated, and the bolt cut off at a 45 degree angle. Hope this helps! Patrick

Truly the best I have seen on this forum. Many thanks for sharing these fantastic weapons.

Hi Mauser9, no problem, its my pleasure to share them! Thanks,
    Patrick.

?

Absolutely fantastic,would love to own either but 42 would be my favourite,just out of interest in picture number 9..isnt the belt upside down

Hi Torch,
    yes good spot, I took that picture before I even realised! I can't blame you for choosing the MG42, that is my definite favourite too! However the MG34, is close behind, and up close has superior build quality, especially being a 1940 dated example. If you, or anyone else is interested in any more pictures, I would be more than happy to post some! Many thanks once again for the positive responses, Patrick.

?

I tried looking this thread weeks ago if not months but there was no pictures so I presumed my computer was playing silly buggers again!!!. I noticed that about the belt but wasnt sure not owning 1, but I do know the GPMG the belts goes the other way up!!...both very good looking weapons Pat,Its on my hit list right after the MP 40 smg...Thanks for showing cheers Terry.

Thanks for responding to my comments Patrick. Don't feel too bad about your deacts as I have said before concerning these valuable collectibles. I have my father-in-laws KAR 98 and have not fired it yet due to its all matching and fine condition. Some will disagree but I am afraid if anything goes wrong it will destroy collectibility. All matching KAR98ks in good shape are bringing $1500 to $2000 dollars over here. Especially GI bringbacks. Your guns even over in USA would require all kinds of bulls*** if in working order I believe. However they would sell for a small fortune if in working order. Nice to corrospond with you members and again thanks for the pics of my favorite guns.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast