Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED

Article about: I picked this up around 2 years ago. The first few runs of these were marked USMC on the slide. For whatever reason (rumor had it that the Marines made them take it off of the civilian model

Wink MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED

I picked this up around 2 years ago.
    The first few runs of these were marked USMC on the slide.
    For whatever reason (rumor had it that the Marines made them take it off of the civilian model) USMC was removed from the slide and replaced by "M45A1".
    Due to the relative rarity of the "USMC" marked handguns, they went up in value.
    It kind of pissed me off on one hand because I bought it to shoot.
    Now I cant shoot it for fear of ruining the value.
    I did shoot it once and I was hitting bull's eyes and had a real tight group.
    I love this gun.
    I may have to pick up a M45A1 version to shoot.

And yes I wear gloves when I handle my collectible firearms.
    Call me a wuss but I dont care.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED   MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED  

MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED   MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED  

MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED   MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED  

MY MODERN COLT 1911a1 (M45A1) CQBP ALL ORIGINAL & CORRECT - USMC MARKED  

Nice enough - a bit gaudy really - but I prefer your
    war-time examples to modern ones.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I also prefer the older guns Steve, buuuuut- I am drooling a little bit when i see new ones. They are pieces of art in my eyes.
    The gun showed here by Anton67 is very sexy in my old eyes. (yes i am eccentric)

Sometimes I am missing my old gun collection.

MAP
    ?

To each his own. A very fine pistol you have here!

For me, a bit over the top, especially those grips. But it is a Colt and a 1911, so overall a great gun.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You guys haven't shot it. That would put it over the top for you. It is a Colt Govt Model that is sent to their custom shop and accurized.
    This thing shoots like a dream.
    Also the tan paint is really a lighter color than it appears in my photos.
    No offense to my 1911a1s which are much cooler history wise, but this thing is much more accurate.

MAP
    ?

Spot on and aint' disagreeing. I wouldn't mind having this in my safe.

As I said it is a fine pistol and I use the word "fine" with the respect that word is due.

Just aesthetically it's not for everyone. Some people like Ferraris and some like 1969 Dodge Chargers in Orange and the number One painted on the side (guess which one I like)

One day I would love a pair of Colt SSA's in chrome and black horn grips that came out of their custom shop.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What happens next time the USMC ends up in the junglier parts of the world? Out with the spray can of OD paint...one of my fellow collectors here in WA collects the Colt M1911/1911A1 and other model autos-he has one of those, I saw it being shot at our collector pistol shoot a couple of years ago-he likes it!