Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My Mosin 91/30

Article about: They are lots of fun to shoot. I take mine out quite often. Now you need an M44, Joe! And a Nagant revolver. Welcome to the MILSURP sickness. lol

Default Re: My Mosin 91/30

Hi gizmo,
    Great rifle and such a clean example, i have never fired one myself but would love to as you know over here in Britain we have to have them as deacs. But never the less they are great rifles to keep, i have a M91/30 1917
    issue, and love it. Also a 1942 carbine that was never fired as it came staight out of the crate like yours, they were
    stored and then deactivated for the market. Going by the condition of your new rifle it may have been in store also, but a great buy either way you are very lucky to be able to fire it ( unlike us lol.)
    dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi gizmo,
    Great rifle and such a clean example, i have never fired one myself but would love to as you know over here in Britain we have to have them as deacs. But never the less they are great rifles to keep, i have a M91/30 1917
    issue, and love it. Also a 1942 carbine that was never fired as it came staight out of the crate like yours, they were
    stored and then deactivated for the market. Going by the condition of your new rifle it may have been in store also, but a great buy either way you are very lucky to be able to fire it ( unlike us lol.)
    dave.
    Hi Dave, thanks for the kind words! While my rifle is in good shape, it looks so good in the pictures because of how well I cleaned it/ the poor quality of my cell phone pictures doesnt show the dings and scratches. I'll try to get my digital camera back today to take hi-res images, including the markings on the receiver.

If any of you fine gents from across the pond are ever in the New York City area, contact me and I'll take you shooting!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 01-04-2012 at 07:09 PM.

I have a silly little question to ask you guys...

My Mosin came with an ammo pouch of accessories. Using this stock picture that I found online, can someone tell me what they're for? I obviously know what the brush is for, and I know that the multi-tool on the right serves as a flat head screw driver, take-down/ assembly tool, and it checks the length of the firing pin so it's not too long or too short.

BUT! What are the other tools for?

My Mosin 91/30

Hi Joe, take a look here:

Mosin Nagant, M91/30 cleaning kit use - YouTube

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Ade!

Here are some high quality close up shots of my 91/30.

My Mosin 91/30My Mosin 91/30My Mosin 91/30My Mosin 91/30My Mosin 91/30My Mosin 91/30

Two more:

My Mosin 91/30

My Mosin 91/30
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Mosin 91/30  

?

Nice weapon. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks! I really am liking this rifle more and more every day.

The bolt is still tricky for me to take down and put back together... Practice makes perfect!

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    i have never fired one myself but would love to as you know over here in Britain we have to have them as deacs. dave.
    Hi Dave, not strictly true. You can own one of these as a member of a gun club with a section 1 firearms license or have one, again under a section 1, but without any live ammo as a member of a living history group.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast