Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My Mosin 91/30

Article about: They are lots of fun to shoot. I take mine out quite often. Now you need an M44, Joe! And a Nagant revolver. Welcome to the MILSURP sickness. lol

Default Re: My Mosin 91/30

Quote by lithgow View Post
    A good Izhevsk made 1934 production hex 91/30 refurbished post war also at Izhevsk with unusual red/pink highlighting-have you considered getting a Finn example?
    Thanks for the comment, lithgow!

Please excuse the poor quality cell phone picture... the highlighting is more of an orange/red color.

I haven't yet considered a Finn, but I won't rule anything out... I just like to buy local and haven't come across one yet!

Finnish m91 long rifle-receiver is a 1917 Sestroryetsk made example not 'scrubbed' so plenty of history there...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Mosin 91/30   My Mosin 91/30  

My Mosin 91/30  

Thanks for sharing, Lithgow... she's a beaut!

Some Snap-Caps came in the mail today. Here's a vid of me loading them via stripper clip and then cycling them through my new M1891/30.

Sorry for my hand placement... I didn't want the serial number of my rifle out for the whole world to see. I should have probably repositioned my camera.

?

Cool, all you need now is a loaded max belt wrapped on yourself and off to re-enacting or just shooting

?

A local shop near me has these 91/30 refurbs for $79.99 + tax. W/bayo and accessories. I grabbed one off the rack ( 42 dated ) , and my two old retired buddies each pulled out really nice 1938 dated refurbs from the couple hundred in the racks the shop had. I'm not surprised they shoot well as I had a handfull of mosins years ago before imports hit the country and they never failed me then.

Hey guys, I have two Mosin related questions...

First, I have three pouches for the cleaning kit pieces. One is khaki color with a maroon/redish closing strap. The 2nd is navy blue in color with a khaki color closing strap. The third is a black rubberized fabric with a string to close it. Are any of these three more WWII vintage than the others?

Does anyone know where I can find images of Soviet soldiers using the 1891/30? Most of my searches only bring up snipers...

Finally, would anyone be interested in seeing a vid of me shooting at an exploding target from about 75 yrds away?

Hi Joe, here is a nice pre war photo of Soviet troops.

The khaki bag sounds most wartime looking.

Please shoot the video, sounds fun.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Mosin 91/30  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

nice one! Halkin helmets and Panshin's bayonets

I'm afraid there are very scant references of cleaning pouches.
    Last edited by ph3s; 01-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I like this one. outfit No.1 form in hot climate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast