Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My Mosin 91/30

Article about: They are lots of fun to shoot. I take mine out quite often. Now you need an M44, Joe! And a Nagant revolver. Welcome to the MILSURP sickness. lol

Default Re: My Mosin 91/30

I think I know where you are going to be for the next few hours It is a great site.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

gotta love any old steel butt plate war surplus rifle....only problem i had was with surplus ammo that once in awile would split the case ....not sure if it is head space issue or just weak casings but for 79 bucks..not sweatng it..enjoy it!

Great website, Ade! I went thru 45 pages and saw lots of images of the 1891/30 in action. THANKS!

I'll upload the exploding target video now...

Here is the exploding target vid. Sorry it took so long, YouTube just was not cooperating with me!

As I said, not the greatest feat of marksmanship, but not too bad considering the distance (~60yrds) and the size of the target (~4inchesx4inches), and that it was my first time shooting my Mosin!

Nice one! I liked that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice one! I liked that.

Cheers, Ade.
    LOL! Thanks, Ade!

I was really close with the first two shots... I was also a little nervous with the camera rolling and my two buddies looking on. All in all, I am extremely pleased with the accuracy of my new Mosin.

They are good service rifles.

Our re-enactment group held a marksmanship competition a couple of years ago at a range where two of the lads were members. We only used two or three rifles between about 10 of us. Accuracy really dropped off as the rifles got hot, as we put a lot of rounds through them that day. I came 2nd.

Cheers, Ade.

They are good service rifles.

Our re-enactment group held a marksmanship competition a couple of years ago at a range where two of the lads were members. We only used two or three rifles between about 10 of us. Accuracy really dropped off as the rifles got hot, as we put a lot of rounds through them that day. I came 2nd.

Cheers, Ade.
    Very cool! My buddies and I have tried various competitions. My favorite is timed... We sprint 100yrds, load rifles either by stripper clip (K98k, 1891/30) or by magazine (M1 Carbine), and then shoot while standing. You gain points based on how fast you complete the competition, and how well you shoot. It's amazing to see how accuracy drops when you're standing/ heart is racing/ you're breathing heavily verses when you're sitting and calm.

I've also noticed that on cold days, the heat waves rising from a warm barrel can distort your view of the iron sights.

Both of these make me appreciate what soldiers have to experience during battle.

I think I know where you are going to be for the next few hours It is a great site.
    So I went through every page on that site and saved all of the pictures with Mosins that tickled my fancy... these are some of my favs!

My Mosin 91/30
    My Mosin 91/30
    My Mosin 91/30
    My Mosin 91/30
    My Mosin 91/30
    My Mosin 91/30
    My Mosin 91/30

I am also falling in love with the Mosin multi-tool. Not only is it a screw driver, but it helps with gun disassembly, and it also a firing pin protrusion gauge, firing pin wrench, AND I JUST FOUND OUT IT'S A BAYONET WRENCH! NO MORE PINCHED FINGERS! It can probably cure cancer too, but I haven't figured that out just yet!

My Mosin 91/30

Does it do anything else that I'm missing? I want to buy another one and drill a hole through it to use as a key chain

I have one final question for those of you well versed in all that is Mosin 1891/30...

When my buddy and I shot our rifles the other day (He has an Izhmash 1934 hex, and I have an Izhmash 1942 rounded receiver), I noticed that his rifle has a noticeable muzzle flash. However, I didn't notice a muzzle flash on mine. We shared the same bunch of ammo. Can anyone explain this?
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 01-09-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast