MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My mosin nagant 1891/30

Article about: Hi. I will start a thred with some pics of my mosin guys. VAMPY

Default Re: My mosin nagant 1891/30

nice rifle .. i just picked one up at a gun show yesterday for $100 w/ the bayonet, the sling, and 2 ammo pouches. cant wait to take it to the range and try it out ... thats a shame about the deact over there ... why butcher a nice piece of history ??

Quote by Mick View Post
    I think the mosin nagant is the best military bolt action of all time.
    Beautiful rifle, but I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with Mick!!

NOTHING.... comes even remotely close to the Lee Enfield No.4

A shame to see a decent example deactivated like that-as to the best combat rifle the Mosin Nagant's ability to operate under adverse conditions is obviously proved after both world wars & many lesser conflicts but for my money you can't go past the SMLE No.III. In Australia a deactivated rifle also has to have the bolt action welded so that the bolt can't be removed from the rifle.

Hi,
    Like some here i have the Mosin Nagent rifles in my collection
    one 1917 Hex dragoon, lovely old rifle, and the M44 carbindated 1942. this was also never used and then deactivated for the market. It never fired a round but a great litle rifle, as said before deac under british law, but that is the only way we can own them.
    Either that way or no way, then where would our collections be.
    By the way Mick i thougt the rules of hunting was shoot what you can eat,
    Dave.

In Australia a deactivated rifle also has to have the bolt action welded so that the bolt can't be removed from the rifle.
    Well to be fair we can still take the bolts out of our deac's, just the bolt is cut at 45 degrees as well as the barrel being blocked sliced and welded

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    It never fired a round but a great litle rifle, as said before deac under british law, but that is the only way we can own them.
    Either that way or no way, then where would our collections be.
    Hi Dave, not quite true: you are forgetting we can own these Live in the UK under section 1 firearms licence.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Dave, not quite true: you are forgetting we can own these Live in the UK under section 1 firearms licence.

Cheers, Ade
    True, I'd love to have a section 1 certificate but as a 22 year old in N.I., as you could imagine, is hard to get hold of. Especially with this shit starting up again (terrorist attacks). Armed robberies for legally held firearms are still commonplace here and the cops dont want to face a 7.92 that can pierce armoured land rovers, but who can blame them to be honest? It's a shame things are the way they are here so it looks like I'm sticking to deac's for the time being lol
    Last edited by badchild; 03-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Hi.

Just the same as my mosin deact m8 i stripped the rifle out and found the rod inserted it travels through a number on the bottom of my barrel that has really P****D me off but hey ho.

If you just pm me i can post up some pics of my mosin nagant 1891/30 if you like.

VAMPY

Reg
    ?

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Beautiful rifle, but I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with Mick!!

NOTHING.... comes even remotely close to the Lee Enfield No.4
    Im a Mosin fan through and through, I've several deac models. But I agree with Woody! (mostly, I still prefer the SMLE over the No 4, prefer the sights)

Quote by VAMPIRE V12 View Post
    Hi.

Just the same as my mosin deact m8 i stripped the rifle out and found the rod inserted it travels through a number on the bottom of my barrel that has really P****D me off but hey ho.

If you just pm me i can post up some pics of my mosin nagant 1891/30 if you like.

VAMPY
    Yeah Vampy that would be great lol, havnt got msn so cant send a PM, sorry! Thanks
    Ryan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast