Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new 1944 mk5 jungle carbine

Article about: Went to the gun/militaria show to look for armbands and came back with a 1944 mk5 enfield jungle carbine..

Default My new 1944 mk5 jungle carbine

Went to the gun/militaria show to look for armbands and came back with a 1944 mk5 enfield jungle carbine..

Very nice!
    I like these a lot even though they seem to kick like a mule. Your numbers are not that far off of my own example.
    I just recently picked up a couple of spare magazines for mine.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is my favorite scout type rifle. plus it just looks badass. It gets attention.
    Repro Bayos are available and finish the look. I am looking for an original.

I reload my brass for this. full factory loads do kick. If you try to fire all tend rounds as fast as possible can be quite the brutal experience.

Its just a really fun gun.

Here is my bayonet.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Im going to find out for sure. I'll hit the range sometime this week. Nice dark grooves in the barrel just begging to be fired.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is my bayonet.
    Ralph.

Nice! Definitely have to get a bayo!

- - ------- - -

Im curious to see of the recoil compares to the steyr m95/34

He Ho it happens.lol

Ran out of wall hooks.. The jungle carbine and french mas will be up there soon.. Somehow..

@Gwar.. Frankenfritz shoots like a dream!

?

very nice, i just traded mine for a BSA mkIII since it had a replacement flash hider and it was a 1946, but hopefully this fall ill pick up another war period one.

A nice Fazakerley made piece (I think most of these were from ROF Fazakerley and a lesser number from BSA in Shirley, Birmingham). The rubber butt piece was supposed to lessen the recoil force to the shooter but most people seem to think it doesn't.

I learned to shoot with a range of Enfields when I was just 14 yrs and I still love them all !!

Let us know how yours performs on the range.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast