Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My New AIAW Folding Sniper

Article about: I have been wanting a companion sniper rifle to keep my TRG 22 company. The 308 Win Accuracy International Arctic Warfare folder with a 24" Breitland barrel was my choice. It has an Atl

Default Re: My New AIAW Folding Sniper

Wow !!! damn is that a BAMF ! from head to toe!I need to get one of those atlas bipods. man,is that a cool set up. not surprised from you sam ! I would not have gone 338 either. your 168 SMK's will be dead nuts and really fine for the range your shooting. I love reloading 308 myself. congrats !

?

Quote by command450 View Post
    Wow !!! damn is that a BAMF ! from head to toe!I need to get one of those atlas bipods. man,is that a cool set up. not surprised from you sam ! I would not have gone 338 either. your 168 SMK's will be dead nuts and really fine for the range your shooting. I love reloading 308 myself. congrats !
    Thanks command450, I've posted the results of my first trip to the range. Barrel still needs to break in as I only have 25 shoots thru it. Followed the break in proceedure AI recommended. Not to bad for a first go round with less than ideal conditions.

Nice toy Sam, If you ever get up here to Oregon we'll have to see who can get the best group at around 200 Yards as I can't see nearly as well as I used to. Anything much over 200 for me anymore make me look bad.
    Just remember age and treachery will always prevail over youth and skill.

Thanks for showing this one
    Burt

?

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Nice toy Sam, If you ever get up here to Oregon we'll have to see who can get the best group at around 200 Yards as I can't see nearly as well as I used to. Anything much over 200 for me anymore make me look bad.
    Just remember age and treachery will always prevail over youth and skill.

Thanks for showing this one
    Burt
    Hey Burt,
    I know exactly what you mean about the onset of ageing and the ability to shoot decent groups. 50 years ago I use to be able to shoot 0.3" 5 shot 100 yard groups with my Remy 700 Heavy barrel varminter in 22-250 all day long. I have shot 1 group that small in the last 5 years. Now it seems I am always pulling 1 shot out of a 5 shot group that opens them up. I can see a lot more visible shaking thru the scope when I am shooting. Oh to be young again.
    Regards,
    Sam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2