Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

Article about: thats an awesome rifle im saving up to get one from CMP for my reenacting but i wont have the money for a while

Default My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

At 10:17 this morning, this beauty was delivered to my front door!

On September 3rd I mailed my paperwork into the CMP.

On September 10th they sent me an e-mail confirming that my order had been received.

On September 19th my card was charged ($625 plus $25 shipping for a service grade rifle) and my order information was updated on the CMP E-Store.

On September 21st my rifle was picked up by FedEx for delivery.

Today, September 24th, the rifle was delivered to my house at exactly 10:17am. The tracking information sent by the CMP said I should expect it today by 10:30am.

Here is the FedEX truck that delivered my new baby:
    My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

HERE IS MY BABY IN ALL HER COSMOLINE COVERED GLORY!

My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

To my untrained eye, it appears to be in amazing condition, with very little wear to the parkerizing. The receiver was made in either July or August 1943 and it got a new barrel in August of 1954. The barrel is also marked: NM which to the best of my knowledge stands for National Match... So I am assuming that the barrel may have been deemed more accurate than other barrels? The stock appears to be USGI with and has some character to it. It is marked with the P in a circle and Eagle and 3 Stars.

According to the armorer's tag, my rifle was inspected on August 7th of this year. My rifle has a muzzle reading of: 1+, a throat reading of: 2+, and a rifle grade of G-3.

I really have had an AMAZING experience with the CMP and I would quickly and easily recommend the CMP to anyone!

If I want to nit-pick, my rifle has a few black splotches on the right side of the stock that kind of smell like road tar... These should be easily removed.

Overall, I AM THRILLED WITH MY NEW RIFLE. I CAN'T WAIT TO TAKE THIS GARAND AND MY NEW PU SNIPER TO THE RANGE!!!

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, AND ADDITIONAL INSIGHT ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!

Default Re: My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

Hi Joe, it looks great.

Brings back happy memories of my old M1.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Joe, it looks great.

Brings back happy memories of my old M1.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, Ade! What can you tell us about your M1?

As I said, I am really thrilled with how this process with the CMP has progressed. In exactly 3 weeks time I got an amazing rifle!

Congrats Joe looks like a nice one. These are a blast to shoot!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Joe, it was my first live rifle, aged 18. Cost £85 back then. A 1943 Springfield. Then in 1989 the law changed and this was it. I had to have a deactivated, then I sold it. But I got £250 for it

The are so reliable and are great fun to shoot. You will love it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

They Do have a fairly decent Kick to them, I might add...gotta love the good old steel butt plate shock absorbers! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wow, that is a beautiful rifle!

Absolutely beautiful joe.without a doubt one of the finest rifles ever produced.The Greatest single battle implement ever devised by man,GEORGE S.PATTERN JR,Regards minnie.

Nice one Joe
    I love shooting mine, Be careful as you become addicted to the M-1 after the first 8 rnd clip ejects and you hear the ping.

Thanks
    Burt

Beautiful rifle, Joe. Nice to see that it came complete with a CMP marked gun case.

Were there different grades available as we discussed some time back ?
    I see it says 'G-3' on the tag.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast