Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

Article about: thats an awesome rifle im saving up to get one from CMP for my reenacting but i wont have the money for a while

Default Re: My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

thats an awesome rifle im saving up to get one from CMP for my reenacting but i wont have the money for a while

Good luck! If you need any help or advice on the process, let me know!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Good luck! If you need any help or advice on the process, let me know!
    will do thanks

?

Awesome Joe!!! Shes a real beauty. Congrats. STILL beatin on the ol' Mosin myself. After seeing your Garand, it might be time to go for one soon. Im wondering if most service grade Garands from the CMP are as nice as yours tho? Kinda worried, with my luck and all.. lol
    Have you been able to let some rounds off yet?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Awesome Joe!!! Shes a real beauty. STILL beatin on the ol' Mosin myself. After seeing your Garand, it might be time to go for one soon. Im wondering if most service grade Garands from the CMP are as nice as yours tho? Kinda worried, with my luck and all.. lol
    Thanks, Bill! I did a lot of research, and all of the service grade Garands I've seen look really nice. The only thing that comes into question is whether or not your service grade will be WWII vintage or later AND whether or not it'll have USGI wood or other.

I say take the risk!

?

Thats exactly what I was wondering Joe, if alot of them were not ww2 vintage. Thanks for the reply. I personally wouldnt be too worried about different manufacturer parts as much as I would about the wood types, but I will also do the research if I go for it. But this thread really got me going, as you could imagine

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Thats exactly what I was wondering Joe, if alot of them were not ww2 vintage. Thanks for the reply. I personally wouldnt be too worried about different manufacturer parts as much as I would about the wood types, but I will also do the research if I go for it. But this thread really got me going, as you could imagine
    I definitely understand your concern. I attached a sticky note to my CMP paperwork asking for a rifle w WWII vintage receiver and USGI wood. That's EXACTLY what I got . All hail the almighty sticky note!

FINALLY got a chance to take my Garand out for a spin. SO FUN!

I had some jams/ instances of the unfired 8th round being ejected with enbloc clip... I think I can attribute that to using modern enblocs verses USGI. If anyone knows of a source for affordable USGI clips, I'd really appreciate it!

While cleaning my Garand I took out my entire U.S. WWII rifle collection:

The M1 has quite a kick, but they are fabulous rifles.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Joe, the clip ejecting early may be from a worn out clip ejector spring, they're pretty cheap to replace. I'll look around to see if I've got any enblocs I don't need.
    Last edited by theotherhomer; 12-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast