Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

Article about: thats an awesome rifle im saving up to get one from CMP for my reenacting but i wont have the money for a while

Default Re: My NEW CMP M1 Garand Rifle!

Joe:
    Get a hold of CMP and see if they have any 3006 ball in clips. I had some greek that was in clips. Otherwise check at gun shows. A lot of these guys bought this ammo and had a lot of clips left over. Your Garand looks great. I tell everyone that wants a Garand to get one from the CMP.
    Good shooting.
    John

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Joe, the clip ejecting early may be from a worn out clip ejector spring, they're pretty cheap to replace. I'll look around to see if I've got any enblocs I don't need.
    My guess was either a worn ejector spring or made-in-China en-bloc clips.... My 3 USGI clips worked flawlessly, so I thought the latter was to blame! If you have any USGI en-blocs to spare, I'd gladly buy them off of you!!

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Joe:
    Get a hold of CMP and see if they have any 3006 ball in clips. I had some greek that was in clips. Otherwise check at gun shows. A lot of these guys bought this ammo and had a lot of clips left over. Your Garand looks great. I tell everyone that wants a Garand to get one from the CMP.
    Good shooting.
    John
    Thanks, John! The CMP is DEFINITELY the way to go... Yeah, it's a grab bag in some ways, but with the CMP you're guaranteed a quality Garand. I paid $650 for my rifle... if I were to buy an exact version of my rifle at a gun store, I'd expect to pay ~$2000!

The CMP is almost impossible to get a hold of now on the phone... they must be up to their noses in holiday orders. According to their website, they have 200 loose rnds of HXP surplus, but nothing on clips.

?

Joe,

You can find en blocs for sale on the CMP forum occassionally. How many are you looking for? I have some that I could probably spare. For me, 3 or 4 is normally enough.

Hi Mark!

I want to check my local gun shop first... the guy has good ammo prices, and he was able to dig up some rare pre-WWII brass Carcano en-bloc clips for me... so I would be shocked if he didn't have some USGI Garand en-blocs laying around.

I have 3 USGI clips already and would like at least 3 more to fill up the bandolier I have.

Here is a vid of my buddy shooting my Garand for the first time!

?

Shooting Garand is an amazing expereince - especially for the first time!!

Just let me know. I checked my cabinet and I have 10 plus the bandolier - I can easily send you 3 or so.

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Shooting Garand is an amazing expereince - especially for the first time!!

Just let me know. I checked my cabinet and I have 10 plus the bandolier - I can easily send you 3 or so.
    Thanks, Mark!

I just rubbed a tiny amount of tung oil into the stock of my rifle, let it sit for 30mins, and the wiped it off. WOW, that is a sexy piece of wood!

Looks really good Joe. I enjoy shooting these M1's. Like I said before I have one that I rebarreled ( new Barrel) and shoot and the rest hang on the wall. My CMP M1's hang on the wall. I have two of them amd 1 British lend lease. The one I shoot is a 1944 Springfield hodge podge. Lots of late and early parts. I have all the military Ordnance tooling to rebarrel and rebuild m1 garands and carbines.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Looks really good Joe. I enjoy shooting these M1's. Like I said before I have one that I rebarreled ( new Barrel) and shoot and the rest hang on the wall. My CMP M1's hang on the wall. I have two of them amd 1 British lend lease. The one I shoot is a 1944 Springfield hodge podge. Lots of late and early parts. I have all the military Ordnance tooling to rebarrel and rebuild m1 garands and carbines.
    Thanks! Mine is a 1943 with August, '54 barrel.

Speaking of late/ early parts, I recently did this data sheet on my rifle:

If anyone can help me fill in any of the blanks based on the photos I've posted, I'd appreciate it!

Data sheets are fun. The carbine club uses them to keep track of Different variations. They are a great Reference tool.
    It has been a long time since I filled one out. Can you send me what you have so dar and maybe I can help.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Data sheets are fun. The carbine club uses them to keep track of Different variations. They are a great Reference tool.
    It has been a long time since I filled one out. Can you send me what you have so dar and maybe I can help.

John
    Send you what I have so far in terms of...?

Also, based on what I am seeing locally, the retail price of Garands in similar condition to mine are going for $1900+! As such, I put the value of mine at $2,000. Does that seem reasonable? $625 WELL SPENT!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast