Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz Holster

Article about: Name: DSC04365.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 198.5 KB  ID: 987197 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> I recently added this very nice example of a late-war Czechoslovak CZ 27 made

Default My "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz Holster

My "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz HolsterMy "New" CZ 27/Pistole Modell 27 (t) and Ersatz Holster

I recently added this very nice example of a late-war Czechoslovak CZ 27 made for Germany and marked Pistole Modell 27 (t) . Its high serial number 452279 places it at the end of production in late 1944 or 1945 and it has the appropriate thinning phosphate finish. The almost black dark brown grips are only slightly scuffed in a small spot though the CZ mark has been removed. The holster appears to be G.I. made, constructed from the furry flap of a tornister with the fur side out and the olive lining inside. The only "flaw" I can see is the missing safety release button; I wonder if it ever had one - could this have been deliberately left off as "unnecessary"?

nice pistol not sure about the fancy holster though.

"Yippeekayay!"-at least the new owner didn't chrome it...

Found a pic of another original. They did come with a safety release. Imo I would try to find a replacement part. I think replacement of that button would increase value of more than the cost of the button itself. Nice pistol!

And I'm not trying to be humorous when I say as a fellow Texan you should understand the mentality of the missing safety. Look at the holster decoration. For some people in the lone star state a safety just gets in the way. I believe it was purposely taken off and functions just fine without a safety.. Just not.. Safely...

Great little pistols, I have an early waffenfabrik marked one with the straw coloured trigger and hammer sadly deactivated. There were slight variations of the pistol some with side plate screws and some without , different markings and finish etc but all had the safety release button as far as I'm aware so maybe this one was removed by the previous owner for ease of use.

Agree totally.. The mind set is to be able to use it quickly but statistics say you will shoot yourself in the foot first.

MAP
    ?

Nice pistol. But I LOVE that "vet art" holster. Definitely GI made with that snap closure.

Although it would be funny if I was wrong. Just imagine seeing a Wehrmacht Officer having this on his belt...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    And I'm not trying to be humorous when I say as a fellow Texan you should understand the mentality of the missing safety. Look at the holster decoration. For some people in the lone star state a safety just gets in the way. I believe it was purposely taken off and functions just fine without a safety.. Just not.. Safely...
    This was pretty much the line of reasoning the seller used, although he also admitted that he had never shot it.

Glad my Texan instincts served me well on this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast