Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My "new" Enfield Jungle Carbine

Article about: Hey all, first post here. Let me start by saying I love this site and am really starting to love these great old weapons. Beautiful pieces of art. Anyway, here's my first rifle. I dont know

Johnny5
    ?

Default My "new" Enfield Jungle Carbine

Hey all, first post here. Let me start by saying I love this site and am really starting to love these great old weapons. Beautiful pieces of art. Anyway, here's my first rifle. I dont know how original it is, but it looks like it was sanded and reoiled and possibly restored. Im no expert at all. Underneath the top stock, the barrel has the traditional milling as does the receiver. But I love this gun and cant wait to shoot it this weekend!

If anyone can offer additional information on what the markings stand for, that'd be great. So the obsession has begun....and now my search begins for a M1 Carbine.

Here's some pics:

Arsenal repair?

This picture shows a "3".

I dont know what this marking is.

Markings stamped in the plate.

?

Default Re: My "new" Enfield Jungle Carbine

Very nice, Good luck with shooting it, i fired one a long time ago, it has a bigger kick than a no/4 and not as accurate, but still a nice rifle

Dave's right! I've used one with a slip on, ventilated recoil pad and after 4 or five mags down range you sure know you shot it!! All said though, you enjoy it mate.

Regards, Ned.

P.S. M 47 C is the code for the BSA factory at Shirley, Birmingham. 1947= year of manufacture.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Glad your hear Ned, will pm you

?

Nice One ,i use to have one of these and sold it, i found it to be a very accurate Rifel and regret selling it

Greg

The England mark is the country of origin mark as required when imported into the USA

Very Nice Jungle Carbine...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnny5
    ?

Thanks everyone. I finally got to shoot it last night and I thought it was going to kick harder from all the reviews. It kicks, but it didnt knock my shoulder out of place. With using the iron sights at 100 yards, I was consistently 1 foot off to the left of my target. Im thinking im flinching and not squeezing the trigger, anticipating the big bang. Going back to the range tomorrow to have some more fun!