Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

my new enfield with mills bomb launcher

Article about: My new treasure from the gun show today. Just wanted to share.

CBH
    ?

You will have to find a Mills bomb , with the the wide disk base plug . Used to play with one as a kid , but didn't get to keep it .

Very nice. Where was this rifle made?

Hi nice combo GVP.... isn't that the same set up as used for the Jawas ION blaster in Star Wars!! just slightly modified!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my new enfield with mills bomb launcher  

CBH
    ?

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Hi nice combo GVP.... isn't that the same set up as used for the Jawas ION blaster in Star Wars!! just slightly modified!!!
    I knew about the C-96 and MG-34 's but this is a new one ! Thanks

You never can tell Austro.. Darth Vader wore a German helmet and had storm troopers!

Douglas I'm not sure where it was made. If someone with more knowledge of enfield's were to tell me where to look id be glad to answer that.

Never even realized about the jaws gun. That's too funny..a .303 laser round.

Quote by CBH View Post
    You will have to find a Mills bomb , with the the wide disk base plug . Used to play with one as a kid , but didn't get to keep it .
    Some types like the No23 MkII just used a rod screwed into the threaded hole in the base plug which then slid into the rifle barrell.
    There was also a plate that screwed to the base plug the same way.

my new enfield with mills bomb launcher

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Answer to Doug's question would be India. Its stamped GRI 1946.. Quick web check did the trick.

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    Answer to Doug's question would be India. Its stamped GRI 1946.. Quick web check did the trick.
    Yep, I missed that question.

GRI stands for George Rex Imperator which refers to King George VI the last British Emperor of India
    and small arms made in india were marked this way until around 1949 I think (independance from Britain was in '47) since then the mark has been RFI which denotes "Rifle Factory Ishapore" and Ishapore which many wrongly think is the I in GRI is still the Indian Ordnance Factory making small arms. There are many GRI Enfields on the collectors market (SMLE MkIII as well as No4 and No5 (jungle carbine) and still in service (usually the 2A1 7.62mm Enfield) in asia. They also made the NATO L1A1 SLR 7.62mm rifle (Brit version of the FAL) and now produce the current range of Indian small arms.
    For some collectors Indian ordnance in the Enfield line is a subject in itself. I remember a friend of mine turning cartwheels over Ishapore bayonets!!

I hope this is of interest within the context of this thread.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast