Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My new M1 carbine

Article about: Went to the gunshow yesterday and bought a few things. This one was the best I believe. 1943 postal meter m1 carbine, canvass bag and bayonet bundle. Everything is original but the stock is

Yes thats true. Although I have not tried a 30 round mag in a ww2 period rifle they did work well in my post war version repro.

You're lucky! I had a Universal M-1 Carbine back in the 70's when they first came out. Tried a half a dozen bananas in it-damned thing wouldn't work with Any of them! But with a straight 15? Worked like a champ! At first I thought it was was deformed mag lips-the bane of M-1 Carbine owners everywhere, but then a gunsmith I knew said it had something to do with the tension of the larger spring, but who knows? In today's ammo market and the prices they go for now, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. Back in the 60's, you could buy them by the surplus cases and plink with them all day. Today? Unless you're Donald trump...forget that noise!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Let me correct myself.. When I say worked great, I meant for anything up to 25 rounds. It did start double feeding sometimes when there were more than 25.. So yes and no if you get my meaning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2