Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My new M44

Article about: I broke down and decided to pick up the 1943 M44. As i mentioned before and as some may know its one of the 50000 trial gun issued to front line troop to test the new bayonet design on the c

?

Default My new M44

I broke down and decided to pick up the 1943 M44. As i mentioned before and as some may know its one of the 50000 trial gun issued to front line troop to test the new bayonet design on the carbine. Needless to say the design was a success and immediately put into production and adopted in 1944. Some asked for some detailed photos so here they are. If someone could also explain some of the stock markings that would be great. It does appear to be refurbished and all serial #'s besides the receiver are electro pencilled, no stamped out numbers, Possibly all original parts?

My new M44My new M44My new M44

Bore is dark and rifling is pretty worn out but pretty typical of russian surplus. Hopefully take it to the range tomorrow to see how it fires.
    My new M44

Heres all the markings i could find
    My new M44My new M44My new M44My new M44My new M44My new M44My new M44My new M44

Some moderate pitting on the barrel that was ground off and repainted during refurbishment?
    My new M44

Hope you guys enjoy

Nice phil! Glad to see you decided to buy it.

Looks good to me. Great historical piece plus it cheap to shoot

The mosin rifle family has some kick ass part.

These are great guns!

pretty much indestructible.

so simple to strip ect. there are only like 8 moving parts or something like that.
    so anyone would use it strip it ect easy

My first surplus firearm and one of my favs

my second was a mauser, holy crist when I when to clean it ect, great weapon but much more complex to strip ect

I don't really like these guys but they make some good vids.great to prove reliability

they tired every type of abuse to prove it could survive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiXFyIbOZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bzls73WH7w

So simple that anyone, could take care of itl

?

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    Looks good to me. Great historical piece plus it cheap to shoot

The mosin rifle family has some kick ass part.

These are great guns!

pretty much indestructible.

so simple to strip ect. there are only like 8 moving parts or something like that.
    so anyone would use it strip it ect easy

My first surplus firearm and one of my favs

my second was a mauser, holy crist when I when to clean it ect, great weapon but much more complex to strip ect

I don't really like these guys but they make some good vids.great to prove reliability

they tired every type of abuse to prove it could survive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiXFyIbOZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bzls73WH7w

So simple that anyone, could take care of itl
    definitely a simple yet effective design, this is now my second from the mosin family now just waiting to have some cash for an M38. The only problem i have with them sometimes is the rounds get jammed up in the mags, the lip of the cartridge is getting stuck on the follower or something, happens with both my guns here and there.

?

just wondering everyone's opinion on stripping and restaining the stock? Worth the effort or would it significantly decrease the value?

in my option you can swap out the stock with another one or fiberglass composite stock.
    they are cheap easy to work with. between the bands on the stock and 2 screws and is all you need to take off and or put back on. its simple,simple..... I will go dig around in the vault, I have a few different stocks, will take pics when I get a chance this weekend

Phil- I have a problem with jams mainly because when I take it out I throw a couple hundred plus rounds at the range.
    The surplus ammo has bronze or copper wash on steel. I have to periodically check the action because the wash tends to shed and build up in the magazine and receiver. its easy to wipe out ect, usually takes under a minute.
    the steel case acts during firing differently the brass.
    you will notice the difference but its not super different.

I would just keep it as is. Its not that bad for 70 years old.

I would leave it alone. Shellac was the wartime finish, and you have there a very nice Izhevsk stock, with all the markings intact: usually they were sanded and then refinished during refurbishment.

?

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    Possibly all original parts?
    no, scrubbed and renumbered by pencil.
    still nice.......