Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My new old P38

Article about: Another great piece of history; a P38 with german eagles and police mark on it.

?

Default My new old P38

Another great piece of history; a P38 with german eagles and police mark on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new old P38   My new old P38  

My new old P38   My new old P38  

?

Nice!! I still need to add one of these to my collection. Thanks for sharing her with us!!

?

A good example of a ground breaking DA handgun. A fine specimen indeed.

At my current screen, I cant discern any code even with your fine pics enlarged; what is the factory code please?

Quote by Scout View Post
    A good example of a ground breaking DA handgun. A fine specimen indeed.

At my current screen, I cant discern any code even with your fine pics enlarged; what is the factory code please?
    It`s not your screen.
    By these photos they are simply unreadable.

Any chance on posting better photos of the factory code?

Cheers
    Nuno

?

Ok Here we go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new old P38   My new old P38  

My new old P38  
    Attached Images Attached Images My new old P38 

?

Thanks for additional pics.
    Some Spree P38s are supposed to be rough (read outright unsafe), but even though I see some machine marks on your handgun, it looks alright.
    How ever, have it checked out prior to shooting it......., if its in shooting condition and not a deac of course.

?

Yes, it's in shooting condition. I will shoot it one of these days but I took it apart down to the last spring and put it back together, cycled bullets through it and it seems to be working well. Thanx for the advice, anyway.

Hi,

very nice P38 but i dont beleive that is a police marking, but the common starburst marking that means it was a rejected part that was out of spec, but was fixable - commonly found on P38's

?

The pictures that I posted above (With the marks labelled ) were provided by the german seller of this P38 so he was the one who said that the "star" mark is a police mark. Also, I searched the net for possible serious problems of the p38's manufactured in spreewerke and found none. But it seems than in America p38's manufactured my Mauser or Walther were seen as "best". Anyways, Im perfectly happy with my P38! Can't wait to shoot it, possibly this friday

This is a Czech model P-38 hince the cyq. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic, original WWII pistol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast