Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My new P.38 Spreewerke

Article about: Hello everyone; Well here is my latest pick up, its pretty nice being a Spreewerke. I got it off of gunbroker and should be in my hands by Friday. Can anyone check out the serial number for

Default My new P.38 Spreewerke

Hello everyone;

Well here is my latest pick up, its pretty nice being a Spreewerke.
    I got it off of gunbroker and should be in my hands by Friday.

Can anyone check out the serial number for me? It's 1960P

Thanks!

Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new P.38 Spreewerke   My new P.38 Spreewerke  

My new P.38 Spreewerke   My new P.38 Spreewerke  

My new P.38 Spreewerke  

Default Re: My new P.38 Spreewerke

What a great buy! 1960 P looks right to me.

Regards, Corey

From what I found online, it was made May. 44, It's a vet bring back without any Import marks and is all matching.

Thanks Corey, I'm excited to get it. I have a 1918 Luger that I need to post also.

Thanks
    Cody

Cody, Nice buy! I like the CVQ's, despite the trashing they usually get when compared to the early war production pieces. I picked up a slightly earlier CYQ from a vet almost 40 years ago, who had actually recovered it himself from the body of an Waffen SS officer he had shot in France. No way to prove it,of course, but I knew the vet personally, so I had no reason to doubt him either. This one had it's original holster and a matching number clip included.

Some people love their iconic Lugers and some think the Hi-Powers are second to none, but when it comes to a good heavy reliable war weapon, I think the P-38 is a hard act to follow.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 05-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree! I have a luger but I think more men on the battelfield defended their life with a P-38 or took it with it.
    The Spreewerke P.38's in my opinion show how Nazi Germany was doing in 44 before we invaded since this was made right before D-Day.
    I'm going to assume that it didn't sit in a box for a year am I right?

Does anyone have a original photo of a P.38 in use?
    I'm looking for one to display with this P.38

No photos of any P38's at my end Cody - sorry. ( only one Luger pic )

Do you intend to shoot this nice piece.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

I do plan on shooting it, I'll make a video fro everyone on here to show you how she works.
    If it blows up in my hand... well it looks like i'll have to figure out a new way to type.... haha
    I'm sure it's fine, even though i've heard some stories about spreewerke pistols.

?

I have a cyq and though not as nicely finished as early war P 38's has served me well over the years, nice find.