Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My new Tokarev Pistol

Article about: Hello Guys here is my new Pistol from Ryton Arms..I haven't had it in hand yet.. but I thinks it will strip & assemble?? also cock with some luck.. I asked the wife to cock it but she wa

?

Thanks guys for the comments...& no there won't be any shooting of it!!!.. Perks of living in the UK lol.. Cheers Terry.

Nice Russian hammer! I had one many years ago, but finally sold it as the ammunition was getting stupidly hard to find. It made alot of noise, but wasn't what you would call a tack driver. Back then, you could find them all day long with holsters and a box of ammo for $50 bucks or less. Now I almost wish I'd hung onto it, but back then, people viewed them like Japanese Nambu's -nice guns but expensive to shoot, so they weren't too popular. They have great balance, though and feel good in the hand.
    Interesting grips, though-are they replacements? Mine had grooved plastic grips with circled stars at the tops.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Congrats. Looks to be in fine nick.
    Odd looking grip plates.
    Ive always liked the TT for its sheer ruggedness and the 'Petter-like' ability to remove the entire hammer unit for easy cleaning/maintenance.
    Get going with the BreakFree and taking it apart/cocking it should get easier.
    Speaking of your wife being able to cock it or not; you give me so much material to work with

?

Quote by Joronas View Post
    Nice!

I wish I was able to own a Colt and Luger.
    They look sweeeet

Cheers,
    Jonas
    That aint no P-08; its a P-38 next to the 1911.

?

I have seen the plastic handled ones.. & I have seen wooden ones too so I'm hoping it is all above board??. Which should think it is!! The dealer is spot on with their weapons I have bought a few from them now!!...I like it for the fact that it wasn't too many pennies compared some other weapons you could buy!!!..It goes well with the other 3. one British,one US, & one German..Cheers Terry.

Wood grips are late war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'm leaning towards these wooden grips being a post-war replacement set. From a quick look around, the old plastic star grips were always being complained about for their brittleness and their weird lever locking systems they employed. Many many owners have happily taken them off and carefully stored them away to preserve them and installed other grips. The checkering on these almost look as if they were hand worked. Personally, I'd rub some oil onto them and darken them down abit, though, but that's just me. I do like the wartime date on it, though. A nice thing to see, before the Russians licensed the TT-33 manufacture out to every country in Eastern Europe, China and beyond. This one is a genuine War Horse!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William could well be correct: bear in mind these are all arsenal rebuilds from the 1960's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Tango-Good wartime TT33-my 1952 made example with the plastic grips-glad to see you're also a Dragon Armour fan-do you have any of the 1/35th models?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Tokarev Pistol   My new Tokarev Pistol  

My new Tokarev Pistol  

PS I have seen TT33s with wood grips-always late war examples-have also seen refurbished m1895 revolvers with wood grips rather than the more usual plastic furniture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast