Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My new WW2 Thompson M1

Article about: by Mick That's not bad, pretty good really. When the SHTF and law and order are non existant all you would need is a new barrel and the pin sorting out. Hehe, jep /Mick

Default Re: My new WW2 Thompson M1

Quote by Mick View Post
    That's not bad, pretty good really. When the SHTF and law and order are non existant all you would need is a new barrel and the pin sorting out.
    Hehe, jep

/Mick

?

that is one sweet thompson & in such great condition as well love it

Jej
    Great gun.I saw one like that at zib-militaria is that where u got it?.
    Hilsen
    Thomas

Hi Thomas.

I bought it at a Danish action website. Got it for a great price to.

/Mick

drm2m
    ?

Mickzilla,

Congratulations… for what looks like…an unissued example of this gun.

It looks great!

The Russian “ Lend Lease” Thompsons will probably be in as good a condition as you could hope to find.

Whether is was a function of ammunition availability…or other issues that the Russians had using U.S. guns…I am sure I don’t know.

I don’t know what the laws are like in Denmark.

In Canada, permits to transport this type of gun to a range are no longer available….so unless you own a remote country property where shooting is permitted….these guns don’t get fired.

A shame…. but that is our reality.

Shown below is the older brother to your gun…M1928A1 manufactured by Savage in 1942 with the different acceptance markings.

I bought this gun from the gun smith that did the deactivation……very subtle…with a functioning action. (Old style deactivation in U.K. terms.)

Many of our American friends don’t understand that this reality exists in many parts of the world.

Except for this Thompson all of my WWII smgs have been legally converted to semi auto….but what good is that…you can’t shoot them.

David

I guess the Russians prefered their own PPSh-41...an example of which is shown below....it has been converted to semi auto.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new WW2 Thompson M1   My new WW2 Thompson M1  

My new WW2 Thompson M1  

Undskyld igen!
    Hvilken dansk auktionsside er det?.
    Thomas

Quote by Tonicdk View Post
    Undskyld igen!
    Hvilken dansk auktionsside er det?.
    Thomas
    QXL.

/Mick

Quote by drm2m View Post
    Mickzilla,

Congratulations… for what looks like…an unissued example of this gun.

It looks great!

The Russian “ Lend Lease” Thompsons will probably be in as good a condition as you could hope to find.

Whether is was a function of ammunition availability…or other issues that the Russians had using U.S. guns…I am sure I don’t know.

I don’t know what the laws are like in Denmark.

In Canada, permits to transport this type of gun to a range are no longer available….so unless you own a remote country property where shooting is permitted….these guns don’t get fired.

A shame…. but that is our reality.

Shown below is the older brother to your gun…M1928A1 manufactured by Savage in 1942 with the different acceptance markings.

I bought this gun from the gun smith that did the deactivation……very subtle…with a functioning action. (Old style deactivation in U.K. terms.)

Many of our American friends don’t understand that this reality exists in many parts of the world.

Except for this Thompson all of my WWII smgs have been legally converted to semi auto….but what good is that…you can’t shoot them.

David

I guess the Russians prefered their own PPSh-41...an example of which is shown below....it has been converted to semi auto.
    Hi

Nice peace of weapon you got there Ive seen your post about your collection, very nice mate.

/Mick

?

Hello

Nice thomson ! Very clean ! Nice addition !

The Russians/Soviets never threw anything away-you never know when the Germans (or Napoleon) might invade again-thats why all those K98ks, Mosin Nagants, m95 Nagant revolvers etc were kept in store-but using non standard calibre weapons during WW2 wasn't a big plus for an army with very basic logistics-everything in 7.62mm rifle or pistol/SMG-but a very good example of the late model 'straight blowback' M1A1 Thompson.

PS-Only replica SMGs/MGs are allowed to be imported into Australia now-whatever is in the country is it now, a closed market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2