Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My New WWII Main Battle Rifle Display

Article about: The woodworker who gave me the Japanese sword recently constructed this rifle rack for me. As it has 6 slots, I thought it would be nice to display one rifle from each of the "major pow

Default Re: My New WWII Main Battle Rifle Display

This is great -I need one like this for my collection.

Nice work!

Pit.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great looking rifles Joe, and a great display.........!
    Quote by MarkV View Post
    Sweet, Joe!!!
    Quote by pitfighter View Post
    This is great -I need one like this for my collection.

Nice work!

Pit.
    Thanks, gents! My new job restricts the amount of free time I have... I haven't taken many of them out to the range in quite a while. I'm hoping to upgrade my Russian Capture K98k soon!

Looks great Joe and good to hear from you again showing a truly great collection. Wish I had more but am into modern hunting rifles and shotguns so my milsurp collection is a bit meager. LOL But you can bet I will find a P-38 yet. Thanks for posting.

very very nice!

Let us know if you plan to make a few to sell - it sounds like you might have a few potential customers here.

Pit.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Looks great Joe and good to hear from you again showing a truly great collection. Wish I had more but am into modern hunting rifles and shotguns so my milsurp collection is a bit meager. LOL But you can bet I will find a P-38 yet. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks! I wouldn't consider my collection "great", but I sincerely appreciate your kind words. It was a labor of love... and it still has room for improvement.

I also had a Browning Auto 5 and I still have a Remington .222 ... BUT, my interest is only in rifles from WWII, so they were never displayed.

I'd like to add pistols from each of the "main powers" too... M1911, Webley, Luger, Nagant, Nambu... Damn NY pistol permit...

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    very very nice!
    Thanks.

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Let us know if you plan to make a few to sell - it sounds like you might have a few potential customers here.

Pit.
    I don't have any immediate plans to sell anything, Pit. However, you never know what will happen... With that being said, it's nice to know that my collection is desirable to others.

I should have mentioned this earlier... The rifles on display in the rack are:

1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper rifle. This is an AUTHENTIC sniper that is a recent Molot import.

1943 Savage No. 4 Mk. I* made by Savage Stevens and issued to English common wealth troops as part of the Lend-Lease program. This rifle is marked: U.S. Property... pretty neat and fun to shoot!

1943 Springfield Arsenal M1 Garand. Saw service in WWII and in Korea. It was rebarreled in August of 1954. I purchased this rifle through the CMP... not bad for $600!

1945 Toyo Kogyo last-ditch Type 99 rifle. This rifle was given to me for free by a security guard where I work. His father-in-law was a U.S. Submariner and brought this home as a souvenir. This rifle is from the absolute last series of Type 99 rifles that were built by Toyo Kogyo (now known as Mazda) in Hiroshima before the atomic bomb "Little Boy" was dropped. It's all serial numbers matching and the Imperial Chrysanthemum is intact.

The K98k is a bnz. 41. It's a Russian Capture, so it's wearing an ugly "X" on the receiver and absolutely none of the serial numbers match. Luckily, none of the waffenamts or adler/swastika proofs were peened over. Not the prettiest... but it's a piece of history and I don't feel too bad shooting it. Very fun to shoot!

Finally, I have a 1932 Carcano Moschetto T.S. Mod. 91/28 made by Beretta. This rifle is in mint condition... excellent bluing and everything matches. This rifle is unique in that it has a rare "K" steel vendor code. As such, it was published in Italy's Battle Rifle:
    K is in fact for Krupp. Seems steel was stockpiled and used when fresh supplies were scarce. So the barrel was made from pre-WW1 Krupp steel by Beretta in 1932 and put on a receiver made by Terni.

Until now I had only ever seen Krupp steel used on antique Torino rifles. It was also used for artillery and naval gun barrels. As mentioned, Italy & Germany were on opposite sides in WW1, and Italy's undelivered Krupp steel was siezed for internal use.

Also in my collection I have:

IBM M1 Carbine
    Std. Pro. M1 Carbine
    Smith Corona M1903A3
    Paris-Dunn M1903 Trainer
    Brescia Arsenal M1891 Carcano Moschetto per Truppe Speciali
    1941 Kokura Arsenal Type 38
    1930 Tula Mosin M91/30
    1944 Izhevsk M44

?

Well done Joe. I wish i could do a collection like that, but in Europe we have a general problem with firearms laws... Not only pistol permits LOL

The M1 Garand is a awesome rifle. Had it in the Danish army as a back up to my MG62 (updated MG42) Probably the best of them all for combat use.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Well done Joe. I wish i could do a collection like that, but in Europe we have a general problem with firearms laws... Not only pistol permits LOL

The M1 Garand is a awesome rifle. Had it in the Danish army as a back up to my MG62 (updated MG42) Probably the best of them all for combat use.

Regards, Lars
    Thanks, Lars! The Garand is certainly one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

I think it's the only rifle in my collection that made me nervous the first time I shot it... The powerful cartridge and semi auto make it a hot one to handle!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2