Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Panzerfaust

Article about: by timothy That's what it is referred to I don't know if there is a difference in military terms of it or it is the same that a trusty musket or Kentucky rifle takes I would think it is a lo

MAP
    ?

Quote by timothy View Post
    That's what it is referred to I don't know if there is a difference in military terms of it or it is the same that a trusty musket or Kentucky rifle takes I would think it is a low pressure explosive if you watch footage of them there is a lot of smoke when one is fired. timothy
    I think the "black powder" charge in the the tube as to act as a counter force to the charge of the warhead. There appears to be a solid steel block in the tube clearly separating the discharge in the tube with the disccharge of the warhead.

could be wrong but this seems likely.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great score in good shape...not too easy finding these with the stenciling remaining...hang on to it, as I now regret selling mine last year...
    And thanks for the terrific photos...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Great score in good shape...not too easy finding these with the stenciling remaining...hang on to it, as I now regret selling mine last year...
    And thanks for the terrific photos...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn,

Yeah, pretty lucky I got this one. Have known about it for a few years. When it became available I dug deep into my my wifes birthday fund and grabbed it.

Now, how do I explain this to the SWMBO.....???

Still not sure however if it is a 60 or 100. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I imagine it will feel like a 100 when she hits you over the head with it...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I imagine it will feel like a 100 when she hits you over the head with it...
    cheers, Glenn
    And I was just teaching her how to shoot! Doh!...

My PanzerfaustMy Panzerfaust

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    OK Matt, here they are. Took a load of them. I still can't see anything..maybe your eyes are better than mine....

Let me know what you think. In looking at it closely, it's amazing how much original dirt it on this. In every nook and cranny.

Michael
    The arrow points to the marking- it certainly appears to be 60m. The first digit actually looks like a '5' but there was no Panzerfaust 50m There's just a bit of the label bubbled off on the left side of the '6'; it certainly doesn't look like the '0' beside it. And there doesn't appear to be a digit to its left, so it doesn't seem like it's a '0' with a bubble and crud making it look like a '6'. So the suggestion that the vertical tab denotes a 100m from a 60m isn't 100% true.

It's a real beauty by the way- honest age, to my mind, doesn't detract from something like this. It still has so much orignal paint and markings that it's just a great relic. I have one too but its missing its tab, the fins are practically gone, and there's just the shadow of the label and other markings. It's solid, but not as nice as yours
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Oh and I recall the one visible distinction between the 60m and the 100m, other than the label, is the screw on the underside of the tube that secures the propelling charge conatiner- it's directly below the trigger on the 60m, like you can see on yours Michael, and it's rather further back on the 100m because the container is much larger. I had a sc book on the Panzerfaust some years ago that had sectional diagrams of the types and that's where I noted this. I expect they're around somewhere on the Net...

MAP
    ?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Oh and I recall the one visible distinction between the 60m and the 100m, other than the label, is the screw on the underside of the tube that secures the propelling charge conatiner- it's directly below the trigger on the 60m, like you can see on yours Michael, and it's rather further back on the 100m because the container is much larger. I had a sc book on the Panzerfaust some years ago that had sectional diagrams of the types and that's where I noted this. I expect they're around somewhere on the Net...
    Sweet Matt,

This is fantastic information. Thanks! Agree, this is a nice one. It hits all the right buttons for me. Just missing the fins but that's OK.

LOL. How stupid am I. I see now where you meant to look for the markings (i.e to the left of the "backblast smoke"). To be honest I had NO idea what you were refering to. It was only now that I saw the picture of the soldier on the label with the arrow for the backblast smoke!! Then it all clicked. Under a loop, you are 100% spot on. It is 60m.

Here are a few pics of the 60m and 100m label for future reference for others to determine what they have.

Once again, thanks for all the help!

Michael

?

Ah, okay, I was wondering LOL No problem- glad I could help

duv
    ?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    agree it is panzerfaust60

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast