Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My safe queen: G 41

Article about: In my small collection, this one is the winner: G 41 (Walther system) made by Berlin Lubecker Maschinenfabrik at the beginning of 1944. This rifle has probably been "left back" by

Default My safe queen: G 41

In my small collection, this one is the winner: G 41 (Walther system) made by Berlin Lubecker Maschinenfabrik at the beginning of 1944. This rifle has probably been "left back" by a German soldier somewhere in North Italy, so hasn't import markings or Italian fire proof markings. All matching, it has some light pitting here and there externally, but fortunately the stock wasn't touched at all.
    BLM produced around 90.000 rifles, on a grand total of 120.000 G 41 (Walther system) ever made. This one hasn't the scope rail for the ZF 41, feature dropped around "e" block suffix.

My safe queen: G 41My safe queen: G 41

Some deatails of the bolt system stripped and of the Bang gas system: this last feature was the weakest part of the rifle's project, because prone to fail, mainly in harsh climate and/or with poor maintenance: indeed, the later project, the G 43, will maintain the G 41 bolt system, but will adopt the SVT 40 gas arrangement.My safe queen: G 41

Beautiful. This is one of the rifles I love so much....

?

What a sexy rifle. You are lucky

great looking rifle.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

A lovely-looking rifle!

The G41 armed the four Italian divisions trained in Germany and many of them went to partisan's hands.
    Perhaps your gun was one of these.

MAP
    ?

Pretty hard rifle to come by I would think, especially compared to the G 43.

Nice one!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks kanister, great pics! Yes, I've readed that: actually, at the time the G 41 wasn't a sought after gun among the Germans, considering that the G 43 was already available.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Pretty hard rifle to come by I would think, especially compared to the G 43.

Nice one!
    Yes MAP: roughly one every four G 43's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast