Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My safe queen: G 41

Article about: In my small collection, this one is the winner: G 41 (Walther system) made by Berlin Lubecker Maschinenfabrik at the beginning of 1944. This rifle has probably been "left back" by

Yes, for that reason the gus was delivered to Italian divisions, that were considered second choice troops.

MAP
    ?

Yes, if I remember correctly these G41s were prone to malfuntion due to the gas operating systems and thus the G43 were deemed an improvement (despite the fact that the G43 itself had problems)....

I have two G43's but will not shoot them...too afraid they will break and I could not get the replacement parts.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice! The finish looks better than most g43s or is it me?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes, if I remember correctly these G41s were prone to malfuntion due to the gas operating systems and thus the G43 were deemed an improvement (despite the fact that the G43 itself had problems)....

I have two G43's but will not shoot them...too afraid they will break and I could not get the replacement parts.
    Yes, you're right, the gas system was the main issue; in my opinion, other two weak points are the bulkiness (bad balanced rifle) and the internal, fixed 10 rounds magazine.
    I have a G 43 too (bcd manifacture) and yes, these are guns definitely NOT easy to fix in case of breakage (not to mention if the broken part is one of these serialized), so it's better to leave them unmolested in the display cabinet.

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Very nice! The finish looks better than most g43s or is it me?
    Correct Dan; the finish is better than most G 43's (some Walther are cosmetically refinished too). The rough, standard finish on most G 43's was choosen not only to speed up the production, but also to help in reducing glare and to maintain the lubricant oil on surfaces.
    Last edited by ziomanno; 07-08-2015 at 07:15 PM.

great rifle.

Agree with you and Map. Worth big bucks as long as original and contains no broken parts. Would not shoot it either. I have heard of a Shooters Kit for G-41s and G-43s Thanks for sharing.

Tiger 2 Tank
    ?

Hello,
    I know this is an older thread, but I have a quick question. First: that is a super nice rifle!

Second: I am a collector of these rifles and I have a g block rifle. I also have a serial number data base with these rifles. I have run across a few of these now that have the bolt components as not numbered, but are stamped e/214. It's hard to tell by the photos, but is this one of them?

Thanks, Kelly

Hi Tiger, and welcome aboard. About your question: in my rifle ("e" block) all the bolt components are numbered; on the bolt full serial number stamped (+ E 214), while on firing pin housing and bolt flaps electropenciled (on bolt flaps just last 2 digits).

hello, it is a very nice rifle!

On the picture in Italia, there is a jugoslavian ZB30.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast