Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My Small Collection

Article about: I am building a workshop and in the process of moving these out there for the Wife.Anyway this was a testfit of sorts all included are M1 Garand 1956,G43 all match,West Hurley Thonmopson,M1

?

Default My Small Collection

I am building a workshop and in the process of moving these out there for the Wife.Anyway this was a testfit of sorts all included are M1 Garand 1956,G43 all match,West Hurley Thonmopson,M1 carbine 1944,1903 Springfield (21 receiver),FN49 Argentine Navy Contract,M1a,VZ24,K98 RC(filled a nitch),Mosant 91/30 and a Savage 93 22 mag.The ones on the wish list are the VZ 58,SVT 40 and a M1 carbine in F/A if it was not for the shop and 9G's + I have put out I probably already had one out of FL.My Intro Guys thks for looking.Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Small Collection   My Small Collection  

My Small Collection   My Small Collection  

Default Re: My Small Collection

Very nice collection...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Thks Bill about 10yrs in the making.I really like to get a hold of a nice K98 one day that's not humped.The FN49 is a .308 by contract with the 20rd mag talk about one solid rifle,load it and fire,just solid.

Quote by javlin View Post
    I am building a workshop and in the process of moving these out there for the Wife.Anyway this was a testfit of sorts all included are M1 Garand 1956,G43 all match,West Hurley Thonmopson,M1 carbine 1944,1903 Springfield (21 receiver),FN49 Argentine Navy Contract,M1a,VZ24,K98 RC(filled a nitch),Mosant 91/30 and a Savage 93 22 mag.The ones on the wish list are the VZ 58,SVT 40 and a M1 carbine in F/A if it was not for the shop and 9G's + I have put out I probably already had one out of FL.My Intro Guys thks for looking.Kevin

Hi Kevin, Very nice assortment you have. Don't you think when you are all done moving all you stuff because of your wife, (if I understand correct) they would look just as good in a nice modern Gun Safe, bolted down to a cement slab, or at least bolted down & secured from moving with a dolly?

My home is cement block construction, and also has a cement slab 5-6 inches thick it is built on. You obviously do not have the same construction I do, and can figure another method but I would personally have all my weapons in a gun safe, or at least have access to a secured/fastened down gun safe to keep them in when you are not around, and not on "display"

Even if you home all the time, and have them out for display, it is always good to have a "Good" gun safe. It is a great feeling to have when you cannot be around them. You can keep other important items in it also, so you can tell this to wife when she complains how much the safe is. Good safes, even fireproof safes are fairly cheap these days, and well worth the money.

Not telling you what to do, just a bit of friendly advice from another collector.

Happy collecting!! lets see more as you find them!

Regards, Steve

?

I have thought of that before Steve and appreciate the comment and interest.What you see here will soon have a door with sensor before long,the guns are now back inside the house.I have thought about the safe more than once for sure but I love to build and make things.I will continue to keep the .45 and the carbine as home defense.Thks again Kevin

My wife wants that extra bedroom(bad)I call the hobby/computer room.

hi very nice colection do you think that you could get some individual pics

?

Matt I will try to get some of the FN49 and maybe the G43 both are matching # riggs.The G43 just has a cheap aftermarket scope mount that actually works and the late war scope.

Quote by javlin View Post
    I have thought of that before Steve and appreciate the comment and interest.What you see here will soon have a door with sensor before long,the guns are now back inside the house.I have thought about the safe more than once for sure but I love to build and make things.I will continue to keep the .45 and the carbine as home defense.Thks again Kevin

My wife wants that extra bedroom(bad)I call the hobby/computer room.
    Hi Kevin, good. I have collected for a long time, and had a safe just as long. Great to have alarms also. I have a home alarm w/ motion sensor and heat sensor in the gun room too. You cannot be TOO safe.
    Like you, I also keep in the house, not the safe, 2 Colt 1911 variety .45's, and a parkerized Ithaca 20" bbl. 12ga. model 37 police special shotgun. Model 37's are my favorite shotgun, and very good home defense weapons.

Some may say paranoid etc, but there was a post here I read that made me almost cry, and is exactly why to have things secured. He also had no insurance. A collector who had a world class collection it sounds like, in Belgium I think, had all his good guns & items stolen, and they left the rest. But it was many, many guns and items. Probably someone he knew, or had to his home.

Problem is all us collectors need a bigger house. and have one big secured room with a gun safe or safes, and all your collectibles. A "War Room". Maybe a few thoughout the house, or living room, if your wife will let you.

Regards, Steve

ya that would be awsome, maby you could section of half a basement or make a "speak easy" with your colection on display and hide the entrence under the couch or a boock shelf and to make it look good keep you less valuable but still cool looking things upstairs but that would probly cost a pretty penny or a few but we can dream