Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My SVT-40

Article about: This is one of the Russian arsenal rebuilds that were inported in the late 90s. Interestingly, it is in an ATV-40 stock (for the full auto model). I understand that many of these rebuilds we

Johnnie
    ?

Default My SVT-40

This is one of the Russian arsenal rebuilds that were inported in the late 90s. Interestingly, it is in an ATV-40 stock (for the full auto model). I understand that many of these rebuilds were indeed put in ATV stocks, as they seemed to have a lot of them on hand. Ade or Bill could probably provide more info on that. It has the usual stenciled renumbers and import marks, but it was a chance to pick up a good shootable one at a resonable price. I need to get a gas adjustment tool for it now.

Johnnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SVT-40   My SVT-40  

My SVT-40   My SVT-40  

My SVT-40   My SVT-40  

My SVT-40   My SVT-40  

My SVT-40   My SVT-40  

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: My SVT-40

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SVT-40  

Reg
    ?

Hi Johnnie

What are the differences between the ATV and SVT stock? Ive a rebuilt SVT and was wondering if it might have the same

Thanks
    Reg

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by Reg View Post
    Hi Johnnie

What are the differences between the ATV and SVT stock? Ive a rebuilt SVT and was wondering if it might have the same

Thanks
    Reg
    Hi Reg.

You can tell by whether the stock is grooved out on both sides of the trigger guard or not. On the SVT stock, there is a cutout groove on the left side that the safety lever lays in when the weapon is on "fire" mode. When the safety lever is pulled down vertical, it blocks the trigger making the weapon safe. On an AVT stock, there is also a cutout groove on the right side of the stock, as the safety lever was also the selector switch, and when moved all the way to the right side, the weapon was on full auto. So, grooved only on left, SVT. Grooved on both sides, AVT.
    I'm curious as to how many AVTs were actually issued and used.
    Thats the info I have so far, and maybe Bill or Ade could add more.

Johnnie

Reg
    ?

Thanks Johnnie

Ill have a look at mine later, I think it may also be an AVT stock.

Cheers
    Reg

Hi Johnnie, lovely example. I also think these are great. I too have observed many of these with AVT stocks.

I don't know the numbers of AVT's issued though.

Cheers, Ade.

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Johnnie, lovely example. I also think these are great. I too have observed many of these with AVT stocks.

I don't know the numbers of AVT's issued though.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. I imagine these were pretty tough to control full auto. To me, the recoil is significantly stronger than with my M-1. And with only a 10 rd mag? I have never seen any wartime higher capacity mags for these.

Johnnie

I think it was really impractical. I would love to try it though! Never seen an AVT over here.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I must say this is one of my favourite looking weapons of WWII, it really looks like it means business.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by Nige H View Post
    I must say this is one of my favourite looking weapons of WWII, it really looks like it means business.

Nige.
    I agree. I like the look of the metal forward handguard with muzzel brake. It seems to have been popular with the Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front. I have also heard of a few of them captured from the Germans in the Normandy area.

Johnnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast