Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My two prized possesions.

Article about: 2 Superb weapons! One can only imagine the History they've both seen and been through! Great pieces!

Default My two prized possesions.

First I appologize for the quality of the pictures, from now on I will have my girlfriend take them. This is one of the center pieces of my colloction, it is an all matching (even the muzzle nut is numbered) AYF 41 MP40 registered class 3 machine gun. This particular gun has been in my family since the end of the war. My grandfather, who was an avid gun collector, brought this back with him after the war. He captured it during the battle of Normandy, he was a commander of a M-32 tank recovery vehicle. He told me that he like the MP40 better than his Thompson because it was easier to get in and out of his vehicle which he had to do on every recovery. He also brought back the ammo pouch in the picture along with 3 mags. Sadly I now have some many MP-40 mags I know long remember which ones he brought back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My two prized possesions.  
    Last edited by sirjames1; 02-24-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: My two prized possesions.

My two prized possesions.Here is the other center piece of my collection, I had to buy this one, it is an all matching mp38. It was also a vet bring back an amnesty registered back 1968. I've always had a love for the MP38, so I saved me pennys for a few years and tracked down what I wanted. Not an easy task as there aren't many all matching original MP38s out there, plus they are not cheap. Unfortunalty I don't know the story behind this gun as it has changed hands a few time since it was brought back. Both guns fire flawlessly, although I don't shoot live ammo in them much, mostly blanks. Hope you like feel free to ask questions.

Forgot to mention, the MP-38 is an Erma code 27 made in 1940.

?

WOW... If only these guns coud speak! Very nice weapons !

Kind regards
    Alex

?

Two great weapons. Especially the all matching MP 38. I haven't seen one around, let alone a matching one in many years. Love the manikins as well. Thanks for sharing,
    Sam

?

Looks really nice samnev.

Its wasn't easy to find one that someone would part with, but being patience and having cash helps.

Hi mate,

The photos are ok, don't be so hard on yourself!

What a cracking couple of weapons!

Really nice tunics too.

I'd love to be able to fire one of those, I've only ever held a deactivated MP40.

Well done and thanks for showing.

Jay

If your ever out this way Jay you are more than welcome to run some rounds thru them. My girlfriend loves shooting them because they are some easy to handle.

Thanks alot mate that'd be excellent!

You're a true gentleman.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast