Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Type 14 Japanese Pistol

Article about: by lithgow Correctly called 'Taisho Type 14' pistol-Taisho was the name of the Japanese emperor at the time of the introduction of the pistol in 1926 in the 14th year of his reign-the figure

?

Default Re: My Type 14 Japanese Pistol

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Correctly called 'Taisho Type 14' pistol-Taisho was the name of the Japanese emperor at the time of the introduction of the pistol in 1926 in the 14th year of his reign-the figures stamped on the slide are the number of years after 1926 and the month of production for the individual gun-an unusual feature of this and the Type 94 pistols. Saw one recently that was the best I have ever seen-unfired despite being a pre Pacific war example made July 1941-must have led a very quiet life in some one's desk drawer or quartermaster store.
    Hi Lithgow,
    I am not a student of Japanese weapons but I have never seen the Type 14 listed in any reference book as the Taisho Type 14. The only Japanese weapon I recalled listed as a Taisho is the type 3 Machine gun IIRC. Usually I see it listed this way "The type 14 pistol was designed by Japanese general Kijiro Nambu circa 1925 (14th year of the Taisho emperor, hence the official designation), as an iprovement over the earlier pistol of his design. This pistol was adopted by Imperial Japanese Army and widely used during all S-E Asia campaigns and through the World War 2 as a standard Army sidearm." Under the listing as the Nambu Type 14 Pistol. However, I will bow to someone who has more knowledge than I do about these weapons. I thank you for the information.
    Regards,
    Sam

?

Default Re: My Type 14 Japanese Pistol

Quote by samnev View Post
    Hi Alan,
    Glad to be of service. My eyes are going to that's why I have so much trouble using the macro lens. But yesterday was a good day so I was able to get some decent close ups. I thank you for the detailed history of my Type 14. Although I collect Japanese weapons and have quite a few I am not a student of them as I collect weapons of most countries. therefore a student of none.
    I will eventually take some photos of my Arisaka Type 99 that is all matching and complete with dust cover, monopod and winged sight and my all matching and complete Type 2 Paratrooper. Is there anything that you would like to have photos of? If so I will try to take them as it appears you are a student of Japanese firearms.
    Regards,
    Sam
    Hi Sam , i`d certainly love to see to see your Arisaka type 99 and type 2 Para , all matching , wow , can`t wait
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2