Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My weapon collection,enjoy.....

Article about: Adrian Sir, Is this you by any chance?? Fort Nelson - PPSh-41 sub machinegun - 2ndguards.com - YouTube Apologies if this has already been discussed !

Default Re: My weapon collection,enjoy.....

Oh god that PPSh-41 is beautiful. It would be my first or second choice or firearm, right next to the SVT-40

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    PPSh41's are selective fire, but the PPS is full auto only, but with the slower rate of fire of 600rpm, you can easily squeeze off just a couple of rounds at a time.

The usual ammo load was one 71 round drum in the gun and one spare drum mag on the belt: spare loose rounds were carried in the pockets or pack. The later 35 round stick mags were better and did make the gun quicker to load. One in the gun and three on the belt. The PPS mag was superior though having a double stack, making it easier to fill. Sadly while the 7.62 x 25 rounds were interchangable, the mags were not.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade

Just noticed my 41 has a circular flap in the metal butt plate, it can be opened up , what would this have been used for ??

?

Mr T I have the same hole in my butt. lol. sorry I couldnt resist!! I think you will find that compartment was for oil bottle a little rag,cleaning kit basically. Cheers Terry.

No worries Terry, one cant beat a good butt hole so i've been told !! All depends on the owner i guess !! lol

Yeah i thought it would be for storage of some kind, i guess an oily rag be would ideal in there

?

Very Nice Great Collection

Greg

?

Cheers Greg, still working on it!!!! MP40 would be nice or a Luger...see what happens??? Cheers Terry.

The butt trap is for the cleaning rod. A 2 part affair. I have one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, have you got a picture of it, will try and get hold of one for mine ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The butt trap is for the cleaning rod. A 2 part affair. I have one.

Cheers, Ade.

I will try and take a pic of it this weekend. But here are the tools for the PPSh41 taken from an official training poster.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My weapon collection,enjoy.....  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Some of the accessories are basically MN rifle types like the oil bottle-'front sight adjustment tool'-seems a little optimistic on an SMG...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast